Laptop keyboard keys changed

Solved/Closed
laptop_key - Updated on Jun 10, 2017 at 05:15 PM
 mwahid - Apr 26, 2019 at 01:43 PM
Hello,

I have a problem with my Toshiba satellite L10-108 laptop keyboard. If think that I might have changed my keyboard settings somehow. My keys are all mixed up. If I for example press the key j in 1 is now pressed. Somehow some of my keys on my keyboard changed. I have no idea how to change it to its original setting.

Please help

Regards
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Updated on Nov 30, 2018 at 04:43 PM
It sounds like you have turned on the "NumLock" feature that many laptops have.( j=1 k=2 l=3 u=4 i=5 o=6 m=0) It's intended for use by people who need to enter large amounts of numeric data.

Find the NumLock key and press it to reverse things and set it back to normal. On my Dell it's Fn + F4, on my Compaq it's Fn + ScrLock. It's different on every make and model. But, it's somewhere on the keyboard .

Good Luck
thank you so much! it has helped me on my lenovo it's "fn+nmlk"..it took me so long too find an answer but finally I got one..,i had to copy and paste letters to write a whole word..thank you ones again!
Thank you ! Number lock was on. You guys saved me a trip to my tech help guy.
thanks again!