Windows xp can't communicate with printer

Closed
cll1764 - Oct 19, 2009 at 11:29 AM
 murdybits - Jun 25, 2010 at 06:57 PM
Hello,
My windows xp will not communicate with the lexmark printer I have connected to it. The printer is in the control panel and is ready. When I try to print a page, it gives me an error message of "unable to communicate with the printer. I have disconnected it from the surge protector and plugged into the wall outlet..still nothing.
Any suggestions.
Related:

2 responses

malware and adware have comprimised your computer. Run virus scan first, second start, run, type service.msc, it will take you to a master list. Scroll to windows installer, doubleclick. Startup type should be set to automatic. Click on it even if it is on auto and reselect automatic. startup status should be on started. Apply and ok. Uninstall and reinstall your printer so driver will reset correctly. Occassionaly check the windows installer to be sure it is started. If you have to start it again on your regular checks you will Not need to uninstall and reinstall printer.
Hey sparkle7usmc did what you said....worked perfectly! great advice...many thanks. murdybits
dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Oct 19, 2009 at 12:04 PM
hi there,

disable your anti virus

then reinstall driver

Thanks