C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

Solved/Closed
sap - Oct 23, 2009 at 11:47 PM
Mayzer Posts 13 Registration date Sunday January 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 20, 2011 - Jan 20, 2011 at 04:16 PM
Hello, somebody help me please..everytime I try I to control panel and click on the folders such as internet options and add or remove programme, I get ...windows cannot find C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe ..now I cannot go to those folders!! what do I do?

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 26, 2010 at 02:37 AM
Fix Rundll.exe
What Is Rundll32.exe?
Rundll32.exe is an important process of your windows operating system. The process rundll32.exe executes dll files and puts their libraries into your system's memory. Without this process your computer would become instable and very slow.
The process runs from your system directory C:\windows\system32. If it executes or runs from a different location it is most likely a virus or trojan horse. You should scan your computer immediately with a virus scanner. Viruses using the name rundll32.exe are W32.Miroot.Worm. Backdoor.Lastdoor, and Trojan.StartPage (among others).
Fix Rundll32.exe
If a virus, such as the Netsky, destroys your rundll32.exe or, if for some other reason, your rundll32.exe is corrupt or gets accidentally removed, you need to take the following action:
Locate a Copy of Rundll32.exe on Your System
Check if you find a copy of rundll32.exe in the folder C:\windows\system32\dllcache or in C:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386. If this is the case, go ahead and copy rundll32.exe to the system folder C:\windows\system32
If you don't find a copy on your system, you can try to find the file on your windows installation disks. Lastly, you could simply re-install windows. However, this would be very time-consuming and you might lose all your data. So this would be the last resort.
First of All Run a System Repair Tool to Fix Rundll32.exe
There are various tools available on the Internet that scan, analyze, and fix your computer. Besides fixing your rundll32.exe, these tools will remove any registry errors, remove invalid shortcuts and duplicate files, repair DLL files, and remove startup and runtime errors.
To greentech07:
That's the best comment I've seen on the internet about Rundll32 problems. Very precise and you gave alternative solutions.