Sony vgn-cr220e web cam wont work

Solved/Closed
leotus15 - Oct 25, 2009 at 08:12 AM
 QuestExpert - Apr 4, 2010 at 04:18 AM
Hello,
i just bought a used sony vgn-cr220e laptop and everything is working fine except the camera, if you check it from device manager, you see it as "sony visual communication camera vgp-vcc6" and it says the driver is working properly, my problem is I cant find any software to use with the camera to make it work, already downloaded some from sony and they install but you dont see the program...... please help!
Related:

5 responses

If you have bought your Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E with Vista and now you are installed Windows 7, your camera will not work.

follow these steps.

1. go to
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support

2. at "Select your operating system" drop down menu, select "Microsoft Windows vista home premium"

3. Under the "sort files by type (optional)" select "Camera" from the drop down menu. Or you can directly expand the "Camera - 2 flies" from the list of "Results for VGN-CR220E".

4. download the "original sony visual communication camera VGP-VCC6 driver".

save the file on the desktop or temp folder and install it.

5. Go back to the "select your operating system" drop down menu, and select "Microsoft Windows 7" - whichever version you are using, basic or home premium etc.

6. under the "Sort files by type" select "camera" . or you can directly expand "camera - 2 files" from the list of results for VGN-CR220E as you did before on step 3.

7. Download those two files (Camera capture utility and Webcam companion". Save the files and install them.

Now you are all set. Restart and enjoy your camera :-)