Acer Laptop Network not working Win 7

Closed
Beannie 2000 - Oct 25, 2009 at 11:22 PM
brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 - Oct 26, 2009 at 05:30 AM
Hello, | have a acer laptop and the WiFi worked after intalation but it reported that their was some issues with the Acer Empowering Technology Wigit program. but as it was working ok i didn't think it was too much of problem. When I shut down the computer it was working ok but when I returned and tried to work log in it would not connect either by the gigabit card or b;y the WiFi even though I could detect my network modem as it was only 5 feet from modem. or directly connected. MS didn't mention this in their adds again looks like they better rethink their pre release testing.
Related:

1 response

brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 40
Oct 26, 2009 at 05:30 AM
Hi There sorry to hear you are having problems.
You say after instalation but the installation of what the Wi Fi driver or Windows 7
You do not say if you have just installed window 7 or you've had it on for a while.
If you have just installed 7 and everything was working so you were installing the dedicated drivers for the Wi Fi and the Gigabyte card then if it was working before you installed these drivers try rolling back the drivers for the Wi Fi and the Gigabyte card and perhaps uninstalling the Acer wighet.
Hope this helps
kindest Regards Tony B.