Command prompt automatically exits

Closed
HaveANiceDay - Oct 25, 2009 at 11:34 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 13, 2012 at 05:04 AM
Hello,

Im having problem with command prompt. When I open the cmd it automatically exits after maybe a minute.
But before this I got a trojan hit my PC and it disabled the task manager and the registry editor. I already got this fixed out. THen i found this problem the command prompt. Is there any way I could fixed this without having to reformat my PC? Help me guys. Thanks!
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Feb 17, 2011 at 05:34 AM
*To address this problem, just launch the command prompt using cmd /K (to type in a Run tab(Windows Key + R)), then you can simply close this window manually.
*Making / K after cmd command keeps the window open.
*Very useful when you search the IP address or a trace a command.
*Try for example:
cmd /k tracert www.kioskea.net
@ Ambucias: I am facing the same issue, where command prompt is closing immediately on its own. Even when I am writing batch commands, it is closing after executing the command.
I do not want the prompt to close on its own. The method you have suggested above is not working, and the cmd prompt is closing even after using /K .
Any other possible solutions you are aware of?

-Biren
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jan 13, 2012 at 05:04 AM
@ BB Sorry it's the only solution I know.

Start a new topic to increase your chances of getting help and remember to respect the politeness charter or your message may get deleted. (ie, please and thank you, because Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all volunteers) Good luck