Lost doc's after system restore, on vista

Closed
Someone help me!!! - Nov 2, 2009 at 10:29 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 2, 2009 at 10:39 AM
Hello,

My wife has an HP Pavilian 6000 series laptop, with Vista installed, the issue is she had countless
hours of research docs and many pictures among other things.
Long story short the laptop got a virus and our son before thinking did a system restore by pressing
F11 on start up, is there anyway to recover the deleted docs and pics?

Thanks anyone for your help!
Mark
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 2, 2009 at 10:39 AM
It may be possible to recover some or even all of your lost data. I recommend that you download & install a free data recovery program called Recuva.

https://filehippo.com/download_recuva/

An interactive wizard will appear when you start Recuva. The first time you run Recuva, I recommend that cancel the wizard so that you can change some settings in the main program. Single left-click on the Options button in the main Recuva program. Then go to the Actions tab and put a checkmark in every checkbox; putting a checkmark next to the Restore folder structure option should tell Recuva to automatically organize recovered files on your computer. Now that you’ve changed these settings, close Recuva.

Launch Recuva again, and this time run the wizard. The wizard includes all necessary instructions. Good luck recovering your lost files. Let me know if this helps.