No recovery disk

Closed
missymaguire - Aug 15, 2008 at 01:58 PM
 winterknight - May 5, 2010 at 12:01 PM
Hello,
i bought my iqon pc from my mums cataloge, however there was no recovery cd with it. after having called iqon they wont send me out a copy of it told me that i would have to pay them one hundred pounds for them to fix it which i find very unfair considering i have paid already for my copy of windows. is there anything i can do or does anyone know how i can get a disk?
Related:

3 responses

Technology2005
Sep 27, 2008 at 04:11 AM
IQON PC's come with a recovery partition built onto the hard drive.

When you switch on the PC press F10 repeatedly until the recovery menu comes up.

Choose the option that suits you and allow it to run.
This is not true for all machines, I have a system that does not have recovery data. I HAVE to have the CDs which I do not. :( nor am I able to get ahold of the computer company with out payin a 2.85$USD/min charge...
i tried pressing F10 but the problem i get is that it wants to format the hard drive . is there any way i can do this without losing my documents or resetting to factory settings?
When i press f10 it does not work. a small screen comes up telling me to contact the manufactuer and then it shuts itself down on its own.
All you have to do is reboot +F10 key.
You can download the recovery disk onto a set of floppies from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=55820EDB-5039-4955-BCB7-4FED408EA73F&displaylang=en