I phone sync with Outlook calendar

Closed
DJ - Nov 10, 2009 at 04:50 PM
 photographix - Oct 18, 2011 at 08:49 AM
Hello,
my i phone won't sync with my outlook... it used to.. but just stopped. Anybody got any ideas? D

4 responses

My iphone also stopped synchronising with Outlook Calendar around the same time. [Windows XP, Outlook 2003.] I wonder if the bug was triggered by an automatic update from Microsoft or Apple?

Outlook Sync previously stopped working and I managed to get it working again with the complicated procedures set out here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2776

Hopefully this will help you. However this time nothing works for me, including reinstalling iTunes.

Sometimes I get this error: "OutlookSyncClient has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

There is a known problem with iPhone not handling exceptions to recurring appointments (e.g. if one week your weekly meeting is cancelled). The new calendar search function on iPhone only goes back one year, which makes my old Palm T|X look like a supercomputer next to the iPhone. I need to be able to synchronise appointments, so if Apple Support can't help, I will probably sell the iPhone and get something from HTC that works properly.

Rich.
I'm with you Rich.

I cannot get my Outlook tasks to sync to the iPhone without going through some ridiculous convoluted procedure involving third party applications on both the handset and the PC.

I profoundly regret buying a so called smartphone only to find it is a total DUMBPHONE.

It cannot even perform the most basic task management functions which I have been doing on an old cheap Nokia for years.

HTC Touch HD2 is looking good.
If I can't afford that I'll get a Nokia N97 or N900.
Brad,

The iphone application Task Task solves the task syncing issue with Outlook.
Just wondering how far down the Apple "complicated procedures set out here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2776 " you had to go to make this work?

I've still got my beat-up Palm Centro in a drawer, and while all the iPhone doodads are seductive, I need the apron-wearing, home-cooking, old-fashioned rock-solid calendar more than any of them.

thanks Rich
Goto the "Tools" menu and select "Trust Center"

Select "Add-Ins"

And see if under the "Disabled Items" list there is an Item "Outlook iTunes Sync Addin"

If it's there, that's your problem. Go to the bottom of that box and there is a drop down next to Manage and the default is "COM Add-ins" click that and select "Disabled Items".

A box will pop up with the Outlook Sync in it. Click that one and then click "Enable" then "Ok" Then "Ok" again to close the main Trust Center and then close Outlook and wait a few seconds (like 5) then Open Outlook back up and try your sync.

Solution c/o McClare
Please check out if you have any known issues described here http://iphonenewspage.com/iphone-known-issues/3g-model/iphone-email-sync-known-issues-and-limitations/
The first part of Nov my iPhone also started having problems; it will only "partially" sync with Outlook calendars - I get things that were entered the the last of Oct and nothing from 3 weeks ago to present. Done half a dozen fixes, each multiple times but it still only loads partial calendar dates.
dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Nov 12, 2009 at 09:06 AM
hi there,

check the date of the pc as well as

for the iphone keep it updated on both

Thanks