Sync ipod shuffle

Solved/Closed
hamish - Nov 13, 2009 at 05:01 PM
 skyefeather - Sep 13, 2010 at 06:28 PM
if your second gen iopd shuffle wont sync on windows xp this wll sort it.
1. Run "c:\WINDOWS\system32\devmgmt.msc" (this is the Device Manager), this will need to be used later, but you'll need it quickly when you do.
2. Start iTunes
3. Connect iPod
4. Go to your iPod Settings and select "Enable disk use"
5. A dialog box will pop up reminding you that you'll need to manually eject. Hit OK
6. Hit Apply to save changes to the iPod
7. Quickly switch to Device Manager window and right-click on any item there and select "Scan for hardware changes"
8. Switch back to iTunes, where you should have a nice, working iPod!

7 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Nov 14, 2009 at 07:47 AM
hi there,

thanks for the information and settings

keep sharing

cheers
It works.
Thanx buddy :)
Thank you! I had followed other suggestions regarding drivers, uninstall/reinstall iTunes, etc. and this is the one that finally worked :>)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Aug 26, 2010 at 04:33 PM
Hello Lynn

Thank you for your thank you. Very few bother which get demotivating. Regards

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Thank you. This is the only thing that worked after at least 2 dozen other 'solutions'!
thank you so much for this, i've been trying for nights now to get this working again. I nearly danced for joy when it finally synced again~
once again, thank you
it sometimes happens that the ipod dosn't work on a particular computer but works in another. in this case format your pc and re install your operating system.
this will probably work. if it dosn't replace your ipod if its still in contract