Keyboard is typing numbers instead of letters [Solved/Closed]

mudge - Nov 16, 2009 at 11:10 AM - Latest reply:  Da boss
- Dec 21, 2017 at 06:10 PM
Hello,
my ibm thinkpads keyboard is typing numbers instead of letters > u,i,o,pj,k,l & m. it has the function to do this as the numbers are also on the keys aswell as the letters.. can anyone help to put this right 4 me? :)
See more 

35 replies

xpcman 18384 Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration dateModeratorStatus January 18, 2018 Last seen - Nov 16, 2009 at 11:27 AM
+112
Helpful
You have enabled the NumLock function of yuour keyboard.

Find the NumLck key (normally on the top row of keys) and press Fn (Function) and NumLck at the same time. That will toggle OFF the numLock setting.

Good Luck
It worked, thanks for the support
Thankyou sooo much...issue resolved.
Thank you very much... its working correctly now....
Thank uuuuuu thank uuuuuuuu love love
+9
Helpful
Usually the Lenovo laptop come with the IDVault installed which does it.
in order to solve this Go to your control panel and remove the the application IDVault on remove program. It will help.
thank you it really works for me
I too have a Lenovo laptop with the same problem. All other fixes did not work. Removing IDVault solved the problem. Thanks for the help. I would never have thought that would be the fix. Another reason junkware should not be loaded on a new computer.
+2
Helpful
Thank you so much, it works
VictoriaCole 2 Posts Monday March 3, 2014Registration date March 3, 2014 Last seen - Mar 3, 2014 at 03:29 AM
Helpful
Numlock might be pressed
Prasanna16 4 Posts Sunday December 15, 2013Registration date March 7, 2014 Last seen - Mar 4, 2014 at 02:44 AM
Helpful
Useful information. Thanks.