Search for name in column and paste data row

Closed
Rossco7677 - Nov 21, 2009 at 05:21 PM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Nov 21, 2009 at 08:15 PM
Hello,
I have a sheet with a list of events and times and individual names associated with those events and times. For example Sheet1: Column A: Type of Training, Column B: Name of individual in that Training, Column C: Date Training Starts, Column D: Time Training Starts, Column E: Date training Ends, Column F: Time Training Ends, Column G: Remarks. So I have several other sheets 2-16 that are for each individual Memeber. I am trying to find a way to do a search in Sheet 1 for one persons name and have it fill in sheet 2 (Individuals Members Sheet) all the events that are associated with that persons name on sheet 1. I don't know which would be easier a formula or a macro. I am not that familiar with Macros but would like whatever will make this filter easier. I have over a hundred different people that I need to filter off this sheet1 and am in need of some serious help. Thanks in advance for whatever advice you can give me!
Related:

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Nov 21, 2009 at 08:15 PM
highlight the data with column headings
click data-filter-autofilter
you will get small arrows in the column headings
click the arrow in heading "name" and click any one name
highlight visible cells and copy to that particular sheet
now click the arrow again and click <all>
now choose some other name and repeat the procedure given above.

of as you have repeatedly to do this it would be better to have a macro.