Compaq laptop (presario F732AU) sound problem

Solved/Closed
hanisah_yunus Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2008 - Aug 25, 2008 at 08:26 AM
 rahul - Jan 22, 2015 at 02:33 PM
Hello,

I have a compaq laptop (presario F732AU) with windows vista with all service packs/updates. Recently I plugged in an earphone and suddenly I cannot hear any sound from my laptop. the same thing occurred last time when I plugged in speakers to my laptop.

This includes both the speakers *and* the headphones. I checked device manager but there are no driver conflicts and sound devices (conexant high definition smartaudio 221) seem to be working. I checked every possible sound setting of that I know of but it didn't help. The strange thing is that when I play something it looks like it is playing (I don't get any errors) but I don't hear anything.

Any suggestions? ThanksStart Free Trial. Please help.
Related:

2 responses

Hey guys
I just had the same problem. My computer was working a few days ago but all of a sudden the sound stopped working. I can't hear out of the internal speaker or headphones. The system says that there is no problem with the speakers or anything, it detects sound and doesn't show any errors. For some reason the little blue/orange mute button stopped changing colour, which happened at the same time... but the button still works because the volume icon on the taskbar changes correctly. I have tried to disbale and uninstall drivers and all that business but nothing seems to work as yet. Any more ideas? The computer is out of warranty so HP won't help me.
i'm in the same position yesterday I was playing a song on itunes and then all of a sudden I cant hear any music but the song is still playing. I tried to restart it, reinstall drives, checked in BIOS. The mute button does not change colour but seems to mute and unmute the sound icon and the taskbar. Can't hear anything with or without headphones plugged in.
please help