My computer freezes when i try to format

Solved/Closed
kever88 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday November 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 - Nov 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM
kever88 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday November 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 - Nov 29, 2009 at 10:34 AM
Hello, my name is kevin im new to the forum. yesterday I fix a friends computer and when hooking mine back up I made a mistake I think by plugging my monitor in to the video card while the computer was on and then I started to smell something kinda of like burning smell so I quickly turn the power off then I rechecked the cable and plugged it back in with the power off started the computer up and the monitor said no signal.
restarted several times same thing. then I took out the video card put cable in the main connect on the computer started it back up, it gets to the desktop an just freezes right away, have to shut down with on off power button or by holding in the power button on front panel,
I tried to format back to factory settings and every time I try it freezes at around 45% recovery .
. Im pretty sure that the video card is not working cause when it is in the monitor does not work untill I plug it in the main plug and the fan on the motherboard I havent seen it going either the other fans work, so is it heatng my intel chip to cause it to freeze, or would I have shorted something else to causing the computer to crash or freeze, can any one tell me what they think might be wrong.

Configuration: windows vista home premium,I nternet Explorer 8.0 , HP G60 notebook pc, AMD Athlon dual-core QL-60 1.9 ghz, 2.0 gb, 32 bit operating system
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 27, 2009 at 01:13 PM
Well something burned out. Without hands on access and diagnostic hardware/tools I can't tell what's wrong. Unless you have a lot of spare parts that you can swap in and out it's about time to take the PC to a repair shop.

Good Luck
kever88 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday November 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009
Nov 29, 2009 at 10:34 AM
just want to say thanx for the help I was deciding to just bring it to a repair shop cause I cant get any ware with it just just dont know wether to take it to future shop or a smaller repair place . I originally bought it at future shop, its there brand, cicero I bought it custom.