Accidently deleted explorer.exe

Solved/Closed
master g174 - Updated on Nov 19, 2017 at 12:19 PM
 Anonymous - Nov 4, 2019 at 06:22 PM
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get another explorer.exe file for windows xp service pack 3 because I tried running a patch to patch explorer.exe and soon after realized that it was meant for service pack 2 and when I try running the patch again to restore the original explorer.exe it doesn't work and I don't have a windows xp service pack 3 cd, when I try putting the sp2 cd into my drive and go to task manager and click new task and type in "SFC /SCANNOW"
it displays a msg box that explorer.exe has been modified and needs to be restored however it requires the sp3 cd and when I click retry nothing happens. if anyone knows where I could obtain another explorer.exe file for win xp sp3 please tell me! thank you!

Related:

9 responses

Mustafa Tech.
Oct 31, 2009 at 06:42 AM
Hello All , I have got a solution :) , first this problem is caused viruses these viruses disabled explorer.exe services to activate this process and because you dont have option to use only task manager so please do the following :

1) CTRL+ALT+ DEL .
2) Choose TASK MANAGER .
3) Click on NEW TASK.
4) Type Explorer.exe
5) Directly windows will open :)
6) Then Remove these viruses by using your Antivirus.

Please dont hesitate to ask me any questions.

Mustafa Tech.

Regards :)
Hello there...I have a question on how to restore my explorer.exe...Can you help?
debashishkumar Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday June 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2010
Jun 2, 2010 at 12:02 PM
I have problem in explorer .exe
do I get it frm net