Acer 4810T Battery life after Win 7 upgrade

Solved/Closed
Low Energy - Dec 3, 2009 at 02:57 AM
 zabi khan - Jun 4, 2011 at 09:35 PM
Hello,

I upgraded recently to Windows 7 as I have a new Acer Aspire 4810T laptop. Before the upgrade I could get 8 hours from the battery but now this has dropped to 5. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Low Energy
Related:

8 responses

In order to download the latest drivers, go to http://support.acer.com/drivers_download.aspx and select the relevant model (Notebook -> Aspire -> 3810T, for example).

Then choose your current operating system (e.g. Windows 7 32-bit) and in the Application section below, you will find two power-related downloads: one is Acer's ePower Manager and the other is the DVD power utility. You download them, unpack (unzip) into a new folder and then install them one by one. If prompted to restart, do so.

They both work excellent and save you lots of power. You can check if they already work on your computer by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc (Windows Task Manager) and look for ePowerEvent.exe and ePowerTray.exe. You can also take a look at the Services within Windows Task Manager.
Blocked Profile
Dec 4, 2009 at 05:33 AM
Dear Sir,

If the laptop consumes more power now, you can still get through

the following tips to save battery usage:

http://ccm.net/faq/1989-save-battery-usage-on-your-laptop

Thank you.
Install the utility from the original disc 'Drivers and Utilities' that stops the power to DVD drive.
That increases the life of the battery.
Raphael > Costas
Dec 28, 2009 at 04:06 AM
Same problem here, the acer drivers have been installed.

Windows seven french (upgraded from vista)
Acer aspire 3810T
Blocked Profile
Dec 3, 2009 at 03:07 AM
Dear Sir,

I don't believe that the problem actually comes from the upgrade.

Please let it charge completely to see if the problem gets fixed.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the suggestion - I upgraded several weeks ago and have charged / discharged the batter many times since then. I have not seen any improvement beyond 5 hours.

Thanks,

Low Energy

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
If you download the latest version of Acers power management this corrects the fault. The DVD is switched off as under Vista and the battery life looks like its back to previous
I have a 5810T-6455 and I had the same exact problem after upgrading to Windows 7 - albeit from Windows XP. My battery life wasn't particularly wonderful in either case, and it's not around 5.5 hours. I downloaded the Acer PowerSmart Manager from the Acer site and I haven't been able to activate it - do I have to do anything? So far, it's on my computer, but I can't tell if it's actually working. The battery life is still reported to be around 5.5 hours.

I really like my computer, but the non-8 hour battery life is a drag. Any ideas?
stingray > Bobbert
Jan 4, 2010 at 05:45 PM
Hey Bobbert, I have a 4810t and I have the same problem... my battery seems to lag around 5 hours instead of the usual 8... any idea where I can find the original power saver management drivers or perhaps even new ones for Windows 7? I upgraded from Vista and can't seem to find the drivers online.

cheers
stingray
what's latest new version acer power smart management for aspire 4810T upgrade from vista to windows 7?
My Seconds question is I couldn't see drive HD DVD in my computer drive, it's just DVD RW drive below C: or D: drive.
Thanks
I have one 4810t for six months now,,,the battery works great before but now I cannot use it anymore....it does not charge,,,"PLUG IN NOT CHARGING.....do I have to buy another battery or ia there something wrong with my laptop
I think it will be better if you go to the nearest Acer Service center and hopefully they have a tool to update the firmware, because I found some the same problem on our country and this problem fixed after update the battery firmware.
This problem occurred on some Timeline series :)
I am soory > I have same problom
hi all
in win seven use battery option as power saver.
hope it'll help u.