Antispyware

Solved/Closed
ory1994 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2008 - Aug 28, 2008 at 06:16 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 24, 2010 at 06:43 AM
Hello,I have sort of a virus. Some of the problems are:

1. Start ->Settings-> No control panel and other things.
2.My Computer->No Disk C
3. Sometimes my desktop changes and it says "Your privacy might be at risk. Download Antispyware now"

WHAT DO I DO? Do I need to panic? Someone please help me!
Related:

8 responses

mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Aug 28, 2008 at 11:31 PM
this is a virus pls dont click yes on any grounds

just unplug ur system from the net n scan ur system in safe mode

awaiting comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
India
how can i scan in safe mode?
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Mar 10, 2010 at 11:30 PM
1. Having problem in opening ur exe files by double click, open with dialogue box appears.

first click on start menu >>run there type " regedit" and hit enter
a window of Registry editor open up

now use the keys " ctrl+f"

in the box type "mountpoints2"
hit enter

once found, delete it

then again press "ctrl+f" and type mountpoints2 find and delete it

keep doinf this until all these files are deleted

and now lets go to your second problem

2. you make also face the next problem i am about to explain Clicking any files or folders in any drives opens in new window.
open ur windows explorer (right click on start menu and select Explore
Tools >> Folder Options in General.

there in the "Browse Folders" option select the "Open each folder in its own folder"

click apply then ok

now check

awaiting comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai India
Hi. Thanks for the help. I downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and the virus was gone. But I have one question: How do I unplug the system?
Aug 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM
he he he

simple my dear

just disconnect (remove) the network cable if ur having dial up then the telephone line that connects to the back of your comp

awaiting comments

regards
Melisio Mascarenhas
India
hey when ever it says your privacy is at risk then and only then do you download that program an make sure that it does not come with another vrius

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I had the same pop ups, except I was stupid and paid for a subscription...now my computer will not run right, I can get into AOL but cannot access Internet Explorer, it just shuts down...any help out there???
subarashi Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 10, 2010
Mar 9, 2010 at 01:23 PM
How can I download or run antispyware when no browser will run in my Windows XP machine. In a dual boot Ubuntu/Windows machine is there antispyware that will run from Linux to fix Windows in another drive?
Mar 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM
hi

download it from another pc and then copy and paste it on ur pc

u then can execute the prog

awaiting comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai India
subarashi Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 10, 2010
Mar 10, 2010 at 01:19 PM
Mike the duke,

Thanks for tip.I wish this would work. The problem is that no exe file will run. When I try to run any program using 'exe' I get a window saying 'open program with' and then a list of programs such as Adobe Elements, Windows Explorer, then Open Office and so on. Selecting these programs to get something to run does not work.

When Windows XP boots up it says 'rundll32.exe missing' even though this file is in its proper place.

It appears that I need to edit the register but regedit will not run and I cannot find the register when I look for it using Linux from another drive.

regards,

Ron (Subarashi)
^^ I am getting the same problem. However, my other XP account works and therefore, I can access throught that. But my original account does not work. No exe file opens up and an "open with" dialog box opens up. How should I execute my Malwarebytes antimalware program then ?

Please help.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 24, 2010 at 06:43 AM
Hello Rohan,

I believe that I have a good solution for you, but since this thread is several months old, it is like a plate of spaghetti. Could you please start a new thread, like new question.

Please detail the problem and how it started

Thank you