Computer shutting off randomly/weird sounds

Solved/Closed
Sevensixtyseven Posts 3 Registration date Saturday December 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2009 - Dec 6, 2009 at 02:07 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 19, 2010 at 06:06 AM
Hello,

I have a new HP desktop computer (5 months old). I haven't had problems with it until recently. A few days ago, it started making really weird noises. Also, at random times it would just shut off without warning. I opened it up, cleaned all the fans and everything off and all the dust was gone. Then, the PC worked fine for 2 days. After the 2 days, it's gotten worse. The sounds are still there, and the PC only runs for about 30 secs - 1 minute after I turn it on. When I cleaned the fans off, I checked to make sure they were working properly and they were..so it can't really be an overheating issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Related:

5 responses

Same thing is happening with mine at the moment. Just a few days ago I checked the fans and they were working just fine , it wasn't overheating. I dont wanna open it up because im not a computer technician and im scared that I might break something.

Anybody have an idea of what the problem is? Or what a possible problem is?

P.S - sometimes the screen just turns black and the drive is still on and running , occasionally it'll start making a long beeping sound. When I am able to use it everything is fine and running properly.