.exe file is not executing

Closed
mohanty - Dec 6, 2009 at 09:54 AM
 Harryvm - May 6, 2010 at 07:51 PM
Hello,
i have downloaded a executable file from internet.when i open it opened with adobe reader and all documents and .exe files started opening with adobe and message came it cannot be opened with adobe reader.i uninstalled adobe reader then everything becomes normal.when i was deleting that .exe file which i had downloaded mistakenly i right clicked on it and it opened with winrar and all my files opened with winrar.I had deleted winrar but problem still persist.now when i am trying to open any .exe file always openwith window is coming.i am able to open very few programs like mozila,vlc by selecting their setup files in open with window.
i have tried to change regedit but runas option is not coming.i have copied a program from this website for registry files and pasted it on notepad,given reg file name then merged it but still their is same problem.
Related:

4 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Dec 7, 2009 at 11:25 AM
hi there,

its a virus and you are infected

to solve this issue

open run then

type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

press ok

restart machine

Thanks
i have pasted regsvr32 /i shell32.dll on run and presed ok.then message comes application not found.any more suggestion
uninstall winrar from your computer
I have the same problem. I've tried most of the suggestions without any success. Most attempts simply end up back with the Acrobat messages and total inability to install or run any .exe or .com files. I presume only a program that installs or checks for viruses before windows boots will solve this? Can anyone help please?