To rename mulitple files in a folder

Closed
robin - Dec 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Ooi Heap Sheng Posts 8 Registration date Thursday December 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2010 - Dec 14, 2009 at 09:39 PM
Hello,

I wanna rename all the .jpg files in the folder but with the same extension.
for eg, test.jpg must be renamed to test_def.jpg
makes sense?

pls help...

6 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 11, 2009 at 12:47 AM
Dear Robin,

You will have to rename them manually one by one in

order to have the problem solved.

Thank you.
Ooi Heap Sheng Posts 8 Registration date Thursday December 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2010
Dec 11, 2009 at 12:51 AM
Very easy,
First, hightlight all the .jpg files and then right click on them and click "rename" name it whatever you want.
it will do......
Simplyfy is everything......
i have 1000 images in a folder and cant rename one by one... not i can use some tools...
I need some scripts to do this. any script can do... ANT, Java script, anything...
Ooi Heap Sheng Posts 8 Registration date Thursday December 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2010
Dec 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Very easy,
First, hightlight all the .jpg files and then right click on them and click "rename" name it whatever you want.
it will do......
Simplyfy is everything......

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Above......
You did not need to rename the files one by one.
You hightlight A L L the .JPG files and right click only on ONE of the .JPG files and the computer will rename all of the .JPG files automatic.
example......
You hightly all the .JPG files.
You right click on one of them and rename the F I L E as WHATEVERYOUWANT.JPG
The Computer will automaticly rename all the files into ...
First file will be
WHATEVERYOUWANT (1).JPG
Second will be
WHATEVERYOUWANT (2).JPG
Third will be
WHATEVERYOUWANT (3).JPG
AND SO ON UNTILL ......
WHATEVERYOUWANT (1000).JPG

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH ? : Þ
Dec 13, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Is that clear???

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
yes, this is what i tried and got it, but the problem is > (1) (2) comes al the end of all the files which i do not want.
I think this can be done by a script only. I want a DOS script for this.
Can u help me?
Dec 14, 2009 at 09:39 PM
It is imposible to rename all the files to the same name in the folder.
*** Files with same name cannot be together in a folder. It is imposible. So you have to add the >>>(1) (2) at the end of the file name or else.