HP Pavilion dv6 touch pad volume not working

Solved/Closed
the.real.bull22 - Updated on Jul 23, 2017 at 08:10 AM
fromitaly Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 5, 2019 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2019 - Aug 5, 2019 at 04:23 AM
Hello, my hp pavilion dv6 laptop touch pad volume control and wifi control has stopped working. it is not on the screen but septerate from the keyboard. it has - sign and + sign between. mute/unmute button is located to the left and wifi to the right of it.
Related:

5 responses

Try this
Shut down the laptop
unplug power source
remove battery
press and hold power button for 30 seconds
put battery back in
plug power cord back in
power up

found this on another site and it actually worked, went 3 months without volume mute and wifi controll now its all back, the person who posted the fix explains that it is caused by a static buildup.
Holy Cow! I don't believe it... That sounded hokey but I was willing to try anything and it did work.
As soon as I rebooted, I signed in and tried the touchpad volume and it actually worked.
Thanks!
Ardee
Just worked for me too, first try! Nice
this WORKED cant thank you enough been weeks without working... cheers !!!
worked really good!! thanks for this info, it helped me a lot!!
this worked so easily!!! It just stopped working and this was the first thing I tried to get it working and it worked right away!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKS!!!!

Shut down the laptop
unplug power source
remove battery
press and hold power button for 30 seconds
put battery back in
plug power cord back in
power up
I'm just posting this here for people who are googling and can't find what they are looking for.

I am running a HP DV6 Laptop with windows 7.

The blue volume bar that appeared on the screen when using the touch controls stopped appearing. I could still adjust volume however it would not show the bar.

To fix this. (Basic instructions)

- Find the volume Icon in the bottom right hand corner.
- Right-Click on it and select Volume control options
- Find option that is similar to ATI HDMI output.
- Make sure this is checked and click ok.

Test it. It should now appear on screen again.

xx Flash
marshagayellis Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 1, 2012
Nov 1, 2012 at 08:46 PM
The solution worked perfectly. Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Dec 12, 2009 at 06:29 AM
hi there,

to resolve this issue you must reinstall the drivers

or make a system restore to few days back when it was working perfectly

Thanks
Hi, thanks for that. How do you, and which drivers do you need to install. I have the same problem and don;t know how to system restore as this happened ages ago. Thanks
It worked! My friend is very happy! Thanks! :)