Sony vaio hard disk partition in windows 7

Solved/Closed
Rana - Dec 16, 2009 at 05:00 AM
 GM - Feb 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Hello,

i have recently bought Sony Vaio model VPCCW16FA with built in windows 7. After initial setup, when I checked my hard disk drives, there was only C: drive (Local disk, Hard disk drive (1) ).
There is no other partition of Hard disk drive.
I am little confused about it. That in case if something went wrong with my windows or hard disk then my all data will be lost.
Further, I heard that data must be kept in other drive of the hard disk.

Can you please reply me in detail to make me satisfied. Why Sony vaio not made more partitions of hard disk. Further, is this windows 7 option to provide in this way or sony vaio did it by self.

Waiting for reply

Regards,
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Dec 16, 2009 at 09:42 AM
hi there,

right click on my computer>

manage>

disk management>

right click on drive c: then press on shrink

select partition size

now you will get a raw partition ,right click on it and select create partition

Thanks
thank you so much it was so helpful ..quick and easy..but I need to ask one more thing if I keep any data on the new partition ..will it be safe if I format windows on my original drive
i cannot find the raw partition and were did I click the cursor to create the partition.thanks
Thankx alot. It worked for me I have Sony Vaio WIndows 7
it really works but a big amount of space left in c drive
thank u for the help
There is a partition, its just hidden. Go to Disk Management, and you will see that 10GB of hidden space is set a side. Every vaio has 10 GB. Use Swiss Knife to merge the partitions to increase C.

Cheers