Copy data onto sheet only if cell has text

Solved/Closed
danipants Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 2, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 3, 2008 - Updated on Nov 25, 2017 at 02:24 AM
 checjb - Jan 29, 2019 at 07:40 AM
Hello,

I need to copy formulas and data from a selection of cells in a worksheet (Figures) onto a seperate sheet (summary).

I would like the information to automatically copy across to the sheet (summary) as I type on the original page (Figures).

I would like the information to ONLY be copied if a certain cell within the orginal sheet has a specific word 'text'.

Is there a way of producing this data?

Many Thanks

Dani
Related:

2 responses

try =if(isblank(cell to be copied)," ",(cell to be copied))
Hi, I am really struggling...
I have a very large order sheet in XL and when the customer enters the qty they want in a column there will always be many in that column with no qty in. to print the order I want to have all the data moved to another spreadsheet so I only see the items they have ordered not the whole sheet with the items they have not
can you help I have tried a few things but cannot get the formular right
Thanks
Rebecca
Just a small adjustment to make this work

the formular goes into the cell where you want data to be copied into

=if( cell to be copied = isblank(true), " ", Cell to be copied )

and it easier if you name the cells you're working with as mentioned.

example:
We name the cell we want to copy on sheet 1 "Quantity" and we work in sheet 2

On sheet 2:
= if(Quantity= isblank(true), " ", Quantity)

This will check if the field named Quantity on sheet 1 is blank - if it is, it will insert a blank space in the field on Sheet 2, if Quantity is not empty - then Quantity will be copied to A1