Problems connecting to wireless

Closed
pixies - Dec 22, 2009 at 09:01 AM
lfefil Posts 60 Registration date Monday December 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 25, 2009 - Dec 22, 2009 at 09:26 AM
The wireless internet on my laptop won't always work. I plugged a wire into to it, to see if that worked, and it did, but shortly after unplugging it, it no longer works. When it doesn't work, there's a little yellow star (I think it's a star) over the bars. I think it might be something with my computer because my sisters laptop can connect to it, along with her PS3 and our Wii.

I've tried unplugging the router and restarting my computer, but neither of them helped at all.

My OP is Windows 7 and I'm using Firefox to connect to the internet.

1 response

lfefil Posts 60 Registration date Monday December 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 25, 2009 10
Dec 22, 2009 at 09:26 AM
the yellow sign means your wirless network require a proper ip . have you try to re-install the driver for wi-fi? i know windows- 7 detect automatically the wifi. ok do one thing right click on that icon and open network conection and right click on network adapter and then properties and then chek out for ip setting. if it also doesnt work then just turn off your wifi and try to turn on again. have you try to restart your system? if still problem persist then call your local service provider