I can't change my background on my netbook

Solved/Closed
arilynn Posts 4 Registration date Friday December 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2009 - Dec 26, 2009 at 12:44 AM
 Kristanista - Nov 6, 2012 at 07:52 PM
Hello,
i have a acer netbook with windows 7 and I right clicked on it doesnt have background, it just says graphic properties....what should I do?? I dont know where to go..need someones help! please!
Related:

25 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Apr 15, 2010 at 02:04 PM
Windows 7 Starter Edition on these netbooks will NOT allow you to change the background. Microsoft left these features out of the Starter version.
That is rediculous we should be able to put a picture as a background
try usin ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/EeePC/Utility/SystemSetting_Setup-1_1_0_8.zip ta should alowyo to chng your background. hopethi help.
i also have windows starter I couldnt change my wall paper so I researched it and found this out.im ticked Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
arilynn Posts 4 Registration date Friday December 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2009
Dec 26, 2009 at 07:51 PM
i did pick a picture and I right clicked.but when I do that it doesnt say set as backgound?
hey I have a hp with window 7
when you right click the pic it doesnt do it
so did u find out how to do it?
MsDiva > hpminipaige
Jan 3, 2010 at 12:44 AM
It's the Operating System. Windows 7 starter is VERY limeted. It does not come with the ability to change the background. You have to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Edition for $80 if you want to change the background.
you've got to be joking! thats such a pain in the neck. oh well.
I HATE WINDOWS SEVIN STARTER EDITON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it bullshit

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hey there. I've tried the control panel, the graphics panels, and everything and nothing works. I tried to right click the picture and clicked 'set as...' blah blah blah, but it wouldn't set it. What do I do?
SymbioticDesign
May 13, 2010 at 02:39 AM
There is a background. In order to replace it, we need to copy the new photo of the same exact dimensions (width x height) over the old one. But where is that background located?
Israeliprincess
Oct 21, 2012 at 09:50 AM
if you have windows starter you can NOT change your background, when they created this they limited the options and cut back on things such as this. You can purchase windows 7 full but it does cost money and is it really worth it :S im still yet to figure out if there is a way around it, if I do get there I will let you no.

Thanks
i have the same problem :(
me too!! some one help.
i am in the same situaton and its driving me insane!!!
wow I cant change it eatrher
i hate this, it looks gay with out a sick layout some 1 plzzzzzzzzzz help us
dont feel bad I have the same problem and can not for the life of me find a solution for it it is pissing me off if I knew this I would not have bought the damn thing thanks microsoft you bastards
god damnit I cant do it eitherrrrr, this wasn't much help
there is no way of changing it, windows have put a lock on it for some strange reason but I think there is some software/program you can download in order to change it through that, google it!
Grr, same here! I've been trying like forever!
I agree, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew I couldnt change the background..
:@
same here I tried applying a picture mutiple times and wondered why when I clicked 'set as background' it remained the same but thanks now I know why! that was really incompetant of them to do knowing that the customers will eventually want to change the background..I mean if its my PC I want it to make it as personal as posssible but thats hard to do when all owners of this model have the same exact background
i have the same problem!!! its getting on my nerves cause the stupid little background is uglyy, and I cnt change it!
:( help mee,
My father managed to change mine as my desktop and screensavor say happy 16th birthdayy x I will find out and let you know