Ask a question Report

How do I make files save onto my local disk D [Solved/Closed]

Josh - Latest answer on Jul 21, 2014 08:35AM
I have a 130 GB hard drive in my local disk (D:) and there only 15 GB in my local disk (C:) and everything i put onto my computer goes to the local disk (C:) so it over loads and i cant figure out how to make it go onto the local disk (D:)???
Read more 
Answer
+82
moins plus
1. Right-click on Start and select Explore to get into Windows Explorer.
2. In the left section, click on My Computer. (On the right, you will see all your drives. )
3. Click on the + next to My Computer to expand it. Then go to the files you want to transfer.
4. Select one or several of those files or folders, right-click and select Cut.
5. Now click on your D drive in the left section and go to where you want to put the files.
6. Right-click in the right section of Windows Explorer and select Paste.

You should browse your folders and do a "alt-enter" on them to see which folders take up the most space. Certain folders you should probably NOT move, ie anything under "Program Files". Files under "My Documents" are usually safe, although music files like those under the iTunes folder may cause problems if moved. Basically, if you created the folder, it's safe to move it. If a program created it, open the program up, look at options, and see if there's an easy way to change location of that folder

WoDoTA- Dec 7, 2012 04:41PM
thank you
Ani- Dec 8, 2012 12:05PM
Many many thanx ....
Wiley- Jul 11, 2013 03:12PM
Um, I have windows 8, there's no "My Computer"
many- Oct 10, 2013 08:50AM
i cant see + where is that
Russel- Jun 12, 2014 11:25PM
Thanks maan, i got it :D
Answer
+10
moins plus
my local disk c is overload imove some files to disk d how can i work can i instal new program

Answer
+7
moins plus
my dear
By default any time you want to save file it goes to C normally but when you want to save into D you must change the root\ to D for your file to be save there.

heyho:)- Nov 21, 2013 05:03PM
Sometimes, the setup doesn't even let you choose between your drives :( . (For example, Microsoft Word...) It just goes on the default one.
Answer
+4
moins plus
hi there,

while saving save it as default path to drive d:

in save as : select destination

Thanks

raj- Jun 26, 2010 09:24AM
@pink

same problem bro
raj- Jun 26, 2010 09:30AM
hey problem solved.......do like this if u want download the particular content. on the link u just give right clik and u will find drive path then u can change whatever drive u want to save into it.
No Name .- Dec 1, 2012 04:46AM
But it's automatically be saved on Disk C
no name- Jul 8, 2014 02:51PM
same.
VICKY- Jul 21, 2014 08:35AM
try this!!!!!!!
problem solved
1. FIRST DOWNLOAD WINRAR
2. GO TO THE OPTION
3 . SETTINGS
4. IN PATH U CHANGE THE ADDRESS WERE U WANT TO SAVE
5. AND CLICK OK

PROBLEM SOLVED
<VICKY>
Answer
+1
moins plus
LOL!! xD

This document entitled « How do I make files save onto my local disk D » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.