Ask a question Report

Retreiving deleted contacts? [Closed]

Tomlija - Latest answer on Nov 3, 2011 09:50AM
Hi Guys!
I am just desperate. I synced my Nokia 6300 with Address Book and all about 450 contacts were transferred successfully. I used the iSync. In the meantime, I added some 50 more contacts to my cell phone Contacts and wanted to sync them with address book as well. So, I deleted all the existing 450 contacts from the Address Book on my Mac, hoping the next time I sync cellphone with computer, only the new 50 contacts will be transferred to Address Book. Here is what I ended up with: Address Book with only 50 new contacts and CELL PHONE with only 50 SAME contacts! Is there any way I can get those contacts back? All of the previous 450 contacts just disappeared from my cell phone! Just like that! I was wondering if there is any chance I can retrieve my contacts, it does not matter where to...either cell phone or Address Book on my Mac. Btw, I am using Leopard 10.5.8 and I have searched all over the web, everybody is mentioning some file but I cannot find it anywhere! I even created Automator ShowAllFiles Finder Plug in, the just is not there.
Is there any hope for my contacts or should I try to do something?
Thank you so much in advance,
Read more 

moins plus
You can try using LostMyContacts[.com]. They will retrieve ALL your contacts from your carrier. You just login to their secure site and for a fee ( i think less than $20), you will receive a list of your contacts with matching names and phone numbers.

I tried their service a couple of weeks ago and got all my contacts as far back as 2 years ago (same time i subscribed to my carrier).

Sorry, am not a very techie person so I went straight to a provider that can give me my contacts back without dealing with the other stuff.

moins plus
hi there,

it can be done by recovery tool

its available on link below for download:

Tomlija- Jan 7, 2010 08:00AM
By the way, now I am going to try to recover those contacts, I will keep you informed and updated!
Tomlija- Jan 7, 2010 08:31AM
Unfortunately, all of my contacts were stored in the phone memory, not on the SIM card...Is there any way that I can restore them directly from the phone internal memory (not the memory card, but the integrated phone memory itself)

vk- Mar 31, 2010 01:25AM
same problem 4 me also... pls tell me
very urgent

Phone number removed for security
satz- Oct 6, 2011 12:54PM
same prob here... my contacts from phone memory got deleted... is there anyway to recover it?
plz help me out
jyo- Nov 3, 2011 09:50AM
same problem can some one give the solution as soon as possible i m desperate
This document entitled « Retreiving deleted contacts? » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.