Retreiving deleted contacts?

Closed
Tomlija - Jan 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM
 jyo - Nov 3, 2011 at 09:50 AM
Hi Guys!

I am just desperate. I synced my Nokia 6300 with Address Book and all about 450 contacts were transferred successfully. I used the iSync. In the meantime, I added some 50 more contacts to my cell phone Contacts and wanted to sync them with address book as well. So, I deleted all the existing 450 contacts from the Address Book on my Mac, hoping the next time I sync cellphone with computer, only the new 50 contacts will be transferred to Address Book. Here is what I ended up with: Address Book with only 50 new contacts and CELL PHONE with only 50 SAME contacts! Is there any way I can get those contacts back? All of the previous 450 contacts just disappeared from my cell phone! Just like that! I was wondering if there is any chance I can retrieve my contacts, it does not matter where to...either cell phone or Address Book on my Mac. Btw, I am using Leopard 10.5.8 and I have searched all over the web, everybody is mentioning some AddressBook.data.previous file but I cannot find it anywhere! I even created Automator ShowAllFiles Finder Plug in, the Addressbook.data.pevious just is not there.

Is there any hope for my contacts or should I try to do something?

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you so much in advance,
Matt
Related:

2 responses

You can try using LostMyContacts[.com]. They will retrieve ALL your contacts from your carrier. You just login to their secure site and for a fee ( i think less than $20), you will receive a list of your contacts with matching names and phone numbers.

I tried their service a couple of weeks ago and got all my contacts as far back as 2 years ago (same time i subscribed to my carrier).

Sorry, am not a very techie person so I went straight to a provider that can give me my contacts back without dealing with the other stuff.
Blocked Profile
Jan 6, 2010 at 01:30 PM
hi there,

it can be done by recovery tool

its available on link below for download:

https://ccm.net/download/download-7201-sim-card-files-recovery

Thanks
Thank you so much for this info!!!

Cheer,
Matt
By the way, now I am going to try to recover those contacts, I will keep you informed and updated!
Unfortunately, all of my contacts were stored in the phone memory, not on the SIM card...Is there any way that I can restore them directly from the phone internal memory (not the memory card, but the integrated phone memory itself)

Cheers!
same problem 4 me also... pls tell me
very urgent

Phone number removed for security
same prob here... my contacts from phone memory got deleted... is there anyway to recover it?
plz help me out