I disabled my sound device by mistake

Solved/Closed
Saa - Updated on Jul 20, 2017 at 03:10 AM
 annie - Feb 16, 2019 at 12:48 PM
Hello,

The sound wasnt working on my sony vaio laptop so I disabled the sound device and thought I could enable it again. But now it says there is no sound device installed on my laptop and I dont remeber my laptop coming with any cd to re-install that. Where can I get an installation program for that. The model of my laptop is Sony VAIO VGN-NR38E/S. Please help!!!!

Saa
Related:

1 response

All you need to do is right clock in the sound properties playback folder and hit "Show Disabled Devices". After searching the web for a half hour trying to find out what happened to my audio device, I felt really stupid after I noticed that.
Thankyou so much Greg
i feel Super Stupid not aswell :P
Thank you so much...
I found so much stupidity, I wasted 1 hour in this and then found your answer.
At least they should by default show all there.
Same here, spent 15 minutes in this and then found your answer. I was really worried, lol.
Thank's a lot :)
Goto here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\
right click on "MMDevices" select permissions, click add then click advance and then click on "Find Now" then you'll have the list select "Everyone" click OK twice and select Everyone at Groups or usernames box and be sure to select Full Control and Read means both are ticked...

then do this again for this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render
how do you get to that folder