Sony viao laptop Cant hear any sound

Solved/Closed
Hash - Sep 13, 2008 at 04:58 PM
 Madalina5 - Mar 9, 2017 at 09:36 AM
Hello,

I have a sony viao laptop with Vista basic installed. I do not know what happpend but I cannot hear any sound wen I play anything. But wen I start my computer, the sound tht comes from windows wen it get started, I do get that but nif then I try to play any clip movie or anything, it didnt sounds. So kindly help me out. I kno this problems is kinda like not believin. I m also shocked but plz plz help me!!!
Related:

24 responses

RIGHT CLICK ON THE VOLUME ICON. CLICK ON PLAYBACK DEVICES. AND CHANGE YOUR DEFAULT.
Thanks Danixsaurr - that worked for me! Something so simple - I was going mad.
the playback buttons r shaded gray its not an option

@dphi1 the same thing happened to me, just disable ur speakers as an audio device and then enable them again, that worked on mine
Oh my godd, thank you soo much
jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Mar 17, 2009 at 04:34 AM
Hi,

U must re-install ur audio device with its driver. There r 3 ways to get this driver

1- If ur HD has never been formated, u'll find an "Auio" folder in C:\Drivers.
2- Ur recovery CD
3- The Sony support website http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/index/index.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons
Thaaaaaaaaank you so much !
hiiiiiiiiiii
i too have the same problem hash if u know the solution please kindly inform me
compaq labtap we use then media play can not be play there is problem.(then message wil come
hi,
please I cant hear any sound from my lap top,but when I use a ear phone I hear everything trough the earpiece.please tell me what to do
charmi > charles
Mar 25, 2009 at 08:13 AM
hey I m having the same problem .
if anyone get the solution plz immediately give me the answer.
i had dell laptop.
jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257 > charmi
Mar 25, 2009 at 12:33 PM
http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=uk&cs=endhs1&l=en&s=dhs
Mirai Rai > jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015
Mar 27, 2009 at 08:34 PM
This website helped me out so much. It fixed my problem. I was like freaking out, but now my laptop is all better. You are a lifesaver. Thanks so much.
same problem
i went to control panel
found sound device
uninstall the driver
reboot the system
and the system automatically insttalled the driver again
and well for now its working again ...
mayb need to upgrade bios ... but this works for now

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
robert_realestate Posts 2 Registration date Saturday January 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2009
Jan 10, 2009 at 08:30 PM
I have a cr120 e also that had the same problem. There is a BIOS update that will fix the problem
all you have to do is go to the Sony support web page and download PHBSYS-16124100-US. It is a patch that should fix the errors in the SP1 update for vista.
This solved the problem for my Sony VGN-CR120E!!! Thanks Robert! I can't believe its working 100% again. If you are having this problem with a Sony VAIO notebook check out their support site for the BIOS update you need. Thanks again for sharing!
katelaureng > J-Rich
Jan 17, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Hello,

So I'm assuming this BIOS update will fix the same problem for me, but whenever I go to run it, it tells me "WBFLASH CANNOT READ THE SYSTEM INFORMATION."

Does anyone know how I can get past this for the update?

Thanks in advance,
Kate
Awesome ... it works perfectly well!!!!!!
I had also the same problem boss ,but its soved by these settings . Thank You very much Dear !
Thanks..... so far so good. Updating the BIOS seems to be the answer. It worked for me and I have a Vaio VGN CR11-GH
me too... hav no idea what happened... one day, my laptop decided not to talk to me... Mac has to b better
i am not getting any sound from my laptop can I get that problem solve please.
when I bought my vaio laptop, everything was fine and had the sound working.
a few months later, suddenly I had no sound My laptop said , no audio device is installed.
So I formatted my laptop and reinstalled the original widows vista back on it. but still have no sound!
what should I do now?
thank u in advance
jmp59 Posts 29296 Registration date Tuesday June 8, 2004 Status Contributor Last seen November 25, 2015 257
Apr 3, 2009 at 07:13 AM
After reinstalling Windows u must always reinstall ur Audio device wiith ur Recovery disk !
Im having a problem with my Packard Bell laptop. Its quite old butim not sure how old because I got it from a friend. For the last 6 months or so the only sounds it will play are system sounds? that stupid beeping when something goes wrong? Itunes wont let me play any music and the volume is at highest? It tells me that there is a problem with my audio device? I dont have the disk for the speakers, because my friend didnt give it to me?
I dont know if anyone can help me but it would be nice to be able to watch programmes etc again. My laptop is pretty rubbish anyway but it seems to be breaking down on me...
Aime xxx
my computer worked earlier today watching youtube videos and now idk why no volume works nothing at all the yt volume is all the way up and my volume is maxed still no volume I have a vista laptop. any thing I can to to fix this?
none of these comments are working for me
uramonky Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 11, 2009
Mar 11, 2009 at 05:56 PM
Hi
I have a sony vaio laptop,
It was working just fine yesturday but when I turn on the computer again it was already on mute.
so I tried to unmute it and it didnt unmute
and when I turn the volume up it only went up one and wouldn't go up farther, and when it went up one the little icon and it still stayed mute
so I went on sound mixer and it said "no audio device is installed"
i dont know what to do
can you guys help me ???
please
(oh if I spelled anything wrong sorry im a bad speller)
Mar 12, 2009 at 02:28 AM
Hi,

Try System Restore to the last point before Yesterday.
XP http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/support/sysrestore.mspx
Vista https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/
Blocked Profile
Oct 6, 2008 at 10:45 AM
have you checked to see if the other things are muted?
if its vista, double click the sound icon in the tray and run thought the programmes.
i have no clue why my laptop sound is off. I tryed everything I could but nothing would work.....so I try the net to help me out how to fix the problem and I saw your note and I thought u may help me out a bit.
I've tried everything I know to do and cannot get the speakers to work. When I go to the sound on the control panel it does say they are working. Fine, but there is no sound and it's not on mute. Help!
nyati > lilme
Sep 14, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Cant get any sound from my lap top though all settings seem correct.
Trace > nyati
Nov 21, 2009 at 04:03 AM
Got the same problem today, plugged in my speakers this morning, then I removed them as they were doing strange sounds. Then..nothing..I tried everything!! Help me!
praveen > Trace
Jan 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM
i too got same prob .if u got the solution please help me
Dec 8, 2008 at 02:00 AM
Did u try to re-install ur sound card ?
I have a similar problem with a Sony Vaio VGN-CR120E purchased around Aug 07. I have windows start up sounds (Vista Home Premium sp1) that play just fine, but when I log in to windows I normally have no more sound by the time all apps are done loading. Sometimes if I start playing music right away it will stay on for a while, I have never had it quit on me, just I will go to play sound on a site or itunes and nothing comes out. It is NOT visually muted, and in the volume control the volume is up for all apps the green "level indicator" is moving up and down.

I have not been able to identify an application that could be causing this conflict but would like some help figuring it out. I did reinstall the audio driver from sony website but with no change. Normal apps that would be loaded and running are firefox, itunes, quicktime and I guess windows system sounds. Also to note, there is no sound coming through the headphone output when this happens too.

Thanks
mohamed > J-Rich
Jan 10, 2010 at 09:05 AM
I have installed the sound driver it shows correctly but no sound.
I GET sound from media players, but NO sound from anything else! No start up sound, no website sounds, no windows system sounds. Only sound from Windows media player and VLC media player. Any ideas how to fix. Sound card and drivers are all working properly!
I too am in the same boat. Sound kicks in when I startup and maybe 5% of the time it works when I want to play something from an application but then usual quits. Poor Sony's...does anyone know how to reinstall your sound card from vista?
DWIV, did you try the sony BIOS update described in posts above? Go to the sony support site and search for your model and check if there is a BIOS update for your laptop. There is one for the VGN-CR120E that specifically addresses the sound issue in windows vista. NO need to update sound card or reinstall driver.
Mar 2, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Hello,

U have to run the driver of ur sound card.
Tell the brand and the model of ur laptop and ur OS. I think I'll be able to give u a link to doxnload this driver.
OMG !!
I have the same laptop and the exact same problem !!
Mar 18, 2009 at 03:32 PM
Hi,

Go to http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/index/index.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons
hai buddy
i m using sony vaio vgn-fs93g, I did formt my system however everything was alright however, they is no sound output from tht time can u suggest some website for bios updates
May 4, 2009 at 01:58 AM
Hello,

After re-installing Windows, u have just to re-install ur Audio device. (No Bios settings)

U can either use the recovey disk or download the audio device driver from the Sony support http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons
Hey everyone!

I was having the same problem on my Toshiba Satellite Pro, no audio at all, windows startup, speakers on laptop, and headphones plugged in nothing worked.

Solution that worked for me:
i went into the sound properties and the mute box was not checked so I thought hey lets check that box as you know that mutes the audio as soon as I unchecked it all my audio came back

i hope this helps someone
My laptop does have sound like when it starts up or other little things but wont play music and other things like that. I have to go to Run and type in Services.msc and scroll down to windows audio and start it. It's at automatic start but it never starts automatically (it fails.) I do that with wireless zero configuration too... to get a wireless signal for internet.

Hope that helped some of you looking for sound.
just go on the sony vaio support page and upgrade your bios in service pack 1 it is a patch that needs to be downloaded and installed....

https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support

this link for the VGN- CR series laptops

u can go on the support page and find the bios upgrade for your product and install it... it will work as before

CHEERS!!!!!!!!

Minit
i too have a sony vaio CR series and I have been experiencing the same problem of no sound. However there is sound when windows starts but after that I cannot get any sound so therefore I am unable to listen to audio clips or even have voice chats through the upgraded messenger services... HELP please! From all these comments it must mean that Sony needs to address this problem that is common amongst the Vaio laptops particularly the CR series...