Computer keeps restarting over and over again

Solved/Closed
djsweet - Jan 18, 2010 at 09:25 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 16, 2010 at 05:30 AM
Hello,
Every time that I power on my computer, a black screen comes up with text. It says "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change may have caused this."

After this, there is a list of choices: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last Known Good Configuration and Start Windows Normally. Now, if I hit enter on any of the Safe Modes, a bunch of code at the bottom of the screen appears. Then, my computer restarts. If I hit enter on either of the other two, the Windows XP loading logo thing appears, then it restarts again. So, I basically can't get into my computer. HELP!

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 19, 2010 at 06:40 AM
Hi there,

Remove all recently added hardware like printer,scanner,usb drive,usb harddrive and restart the system,if problem persist then only option left is to make a system reair by booting from windows installation cd,you will get the instructions from kioskea Faq on link below:

https://ccm.net/faq/516-repairing-windows-xp-using-cd-installation

Thanks
i have the same problem... I have not added any software or hardware. it cannot even boot from installation cd, so I cant repair the os.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Aug 16, 2010 at 05:30 AM
Hello Shiku

Your issue is strickly a hardware failure, you must take your machine to a repair shop.

Sorry