HTML Posting Form

Closed
john88 - Feb 1, 2008 at 04:10 AM
peisenmann Posts 6 Registration date Saturday March 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 21, 2009 - Mar 21, 2009 at 07:58 PM
Hi, guys!

I'm trying to figure out how to post data from an HTML form to an HTML. I don't know if I'm very clear but, basically, I want to create an easy way for multiple, non-coders to add information to a webpage.

The HTML form will contain a few fields and when it is submitted, I'd the data to be added to the existing information on a seperate HTML page which can be viewed publicly.

My webhosting service allows PHP-scripting and MySQL, but I don't know how to use MySQL...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

4 responses

Htmlgirl Posts 12 Registration date Thursday February 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2008 2
Feb 22, 2008 at 05:48 AM
you can't post data from html to html, you need a programming language to achieve this and you can easily achieve this with php, there's a lot of precoded script like this on the net. What you need is a CMS (content management system). A script that allows users to enter theiir messages, comments or whatsoever via a form.

here's a brief overview of how this works:

A user enter his message via a form, when he hit submit, php insert the data to your mysql database, and again, you need to type a block of code to retrieve the data from your database and display it on a page. The page should be in php also. Hope that make sense. I know it's looks hard but trust me, it easy enough. if you need help, i'm here :D
BertrandBC Posts 81 Registration date Wednesday June 2, 2004 Status Member Last seen January 3, 2009
Feb 2, 2008 at 06:42 AM
Hello john88,

I think you don't need to use MySQL or so, but then you must know how to handle files with PHP.
I advice you to learn more about these web programming languages. It's not a long way from here.

Otherwise and according to your needs, you could try some web-based applications like MediaWiki.
Sivachandran Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 14, 2009
Mar 14, 2009 at 08:20 AM
Thanks you
peisenmann Posts 6 Registration date Saturday March 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 21, 2009
Mar 21, 2009 at 07:58 PM
This isn't an incredibly hard problem to solve in PHP, and it works even better with MySQL, but given what I'm guessing is your level of experience programming, I'd sooner install something like MediaWiki or Drupal.

Here's a list of others you can install for similar effect.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_content_management_systems#PHP_2