How to unlock num lock on Vista Home Basic

Solved/Closed
105HOW - Sep 16, 2008 at 02:23 PM
 Shanne 8 - Jan 27, 2013 at 08:58 AM
Hello,
Number Lock on, on status bar.How do I unlock and remove from status bar?

15 responses

Press 2 keys at the same time: "FN" (next to the CTRL key, lower-left of the keyboard) and "num lk", which is the upper-right of the keyboard (it is on the same key as "scroll", and is next to "F12"). This will either turn on or turn off the "Num Lock" function. Both the "FN" and "num lk" are enclosed in a small rectangle. They are easy to see.
Num Lock Madness!
Oct 24, 2008 at 12:44 AM
Thanx man! Your suggestion worked...
thanks a bunch. didn't know what to do, but I knew I could find the answer on the net. peace and blessings.
I have a Vista Toshiba and my mouse/cursor won't move. What do I do to make it move?
We were trying all day to figure that out. Thanks
7418425869 Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2009
Feb 10, 2009 at 03:30 AM
thanx a lot ...................
hi
i wanna know the vista home basic product key
please help me...
i wan't product key for my windows vista home basic..
now... thanks all
merci
ay I have a problem with my laptop I can open it he say let activate windows but I don't have a 25 number for the activation can you help me please
Thank you SO much for this post. It is so very frustrating to have to go up and use those upper number keys when you are just inputting numbers and need the number board... or when you are used to using it to add in letters with accents, etc.
You have saved me a lot of time and aggravation.
THANKS A BUNCH!!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hello,
hope you are doing fine. I have a samsung NC10 and I do not have a numlock key ..!

do u know what I can do to unlock number lock??

thanks
YES I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW DO I GET THE. LOCK OFF UNDER MY NAME IT SAYS LOCK MY HUSBAND HIT BY MISTAKE. AND IT WONT COME OFF FOR SOME RESON HELP
heyyyy !! I found it: hit fn + f11
it wokrs!
thanks - was driving me mad
Tnx for the help, had same problem here
that didnt work for me :( iv tried fn+f1 then I tried it with f2 etc. but nothings working. plz help.
Hi I have a toshiba.. How do I use FN WHEN I WANT To USE My 10 KEY on the side panel? Please help this is driving me nuts..
thanks.... I always used the speech recognition for the num lock to turn off... and it think there's another way to turn it off so I searched the net, and here it is, the answer... this really helps... thanks a bunch! :D
THAN2 Y64!
sdasdadsda
Thanks SO MUCH!!
I thought a fuse had went inside the thing !!
Ur suggestion settled my nerves in the space of 5 secs :)
thanks so much I was so lost
Thank you very much, bro... it's a very simple solution, but in a stressed situation, these little things are like magics.Thanks again.
thank you my husband tried for 2 hours and your tip took me 2 seconds thank you xx
Dang I finally found it Thanks I needed the lock off and fn and f11 works
no skill office girl
Sep 24, 2009 at 08:04 AM
Thanks so very much! What an easy fix to a big pain problem!
wat is fn???? I cant find it anywhere
Thanks! - after endless exhortations to press 'Fn' + 'Num Lok', and over an hour spent trying to find latter key - on Samsung Q210 - at last the 'magic' symbol itself, 'F11' is miraculously unveiled by a former fellow-sufferer to whom my gratitude.

PS I now call it the 'Numb' Lok...
Thanks mate it worked, 5 stars! *****
Thankyou ! That helped !!