Connecting tv as external monitor to samsung

Closed
MERODE - Jan 27, 2010 at 04:06 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 27, 2010 at 04:54 PM
Hello, I would like to connect my TV to my Samsung Netbook to watch BBC iPlayer and other stuff on a big screen.

As my TV has a VGA socket, I bought a cable with VGA plugs at each end, since my netbook has the VGA socket too.

However having done that, I am stumped. I tried tweaking the properties when you right click on the desktop, but that did not work.

Is there an idiot's guide to how to do this? I am sure that it does work, it is just that I cannot seem to do it and there seems to be dozens of people with the same problem.

I am running Windows XP home edition on this netbook and XP Professional on another. I could not get that one to work either. I am using Google Chrome on my Netbook and Sea Monkey on the other.

Many thanks
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jan 27, 2010 at 04:54 PM
You have to activate the VGA output port on the laptop. It's normally done with a Function key like Fn + F3.
You will need to find the key that works for your PC. Look for a key marked CRT/LCD or an icon that looks like a screen.
Then you must select the proper input port on the TV.

Good Luck