How to write bootable XP cd?

Solved/Closed
hans - Sep 22, 2008 at 03:55 AM
 pratik - Oct 21, 2010 at 12:19 AM
Hello,
just ask why my bootable cd that I burn is not working,but when my PC is start its says on the screen open the file, I mean is its auto play..can you give me some advice or teach me what to do.

thx
Related:

14 responses

you just install nero into your computer 7 will be great you go to nero burning room and select make a cd(boot) then youl now what to do...
Here is a link where you can download "CDImage" This little software, command line and gui, allows you to create a Windows XP or Windows Server bootable CD. I haven't try with Windows Vista.

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/15/

CDImages uses "El Torito" bootable program. Yes it is FREE.
Just follow the instructions. http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp is an excellent web site on how to create Windows XP unattended installation.
Xecutionerdeath
Jan 23, 2010 at 06:10 AM
how to write bootable XP cd?

Dude there is only one word to decribe this: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/15/
AWESOME!!!!!

Followed the tut, burned the disc and well..... the computer I wanted to re-install XP on is running through the installation as we speak.

Here's a suggestion for an awesome ISO burning programme, burns everything and anything first time no hassle and it's completely free. I stumbled across it a few years ago: http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/

That URL is a mirror and I don't know how long it will be there for but still, get it while you can. Thanks again, Rock On || ||
||--||
( | | | )
|"""""|
-------

Spike
pl, How do I write a bootable cd of xp. I have install the Express burn cd writer on my pc.

thanks
i want to make ghost bootable cd/dvd for my window xp. is there any software for this process?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
zefenix Posts 116 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 64
Nov 5, 2008 at 03:43 AM
It's easy to make a bootable XP cd... you just have to download the bootable file then put it in a folder named boot...and the other stuffs of windows you put it in another folder named root then you burn...it should be ok
Dear friend;

Could you please advice me on where to find those files ???

I have got the setup files and I inserted them to the root folder as you said but I dono where to find or download the files needed to boot from a CD.

YOUR QUIK RESPONSE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED..

Thanx anyway..
how to write bootable XP cd?
idrisabbas Posts 8 Registration date Sunday September 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 21, 2008 11
Nov 19, 2008 at 12:28 AM
friends
i have window xp in pen drive and I want to make bootable cd please help me and teach me the procedure
highly oblidge
i have a xp professional in the pen drive but I can make it bootable xp cd. can I make a bootable xp cd
idrisabbas Posts 8 Registration date Sunday September 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 21, 2008 11 > manish
Nov 21, 2008 at 12:57 AM
download nero 9 and make it from iso
Debashis Dewanji
Jul 5, 2009 at 01:44 PM
I want to know how to write bootable XP cd?
use magic iso
im still working on it im not sure I wil tel u when its working
go to helllllll
ebuddy4445 Posts 32 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2009 5
Sep 22, 2008 at 08:44 AM
hello,

you cant make a windows bootable cd but if you have one(the original one) and from that you make a copy then it will be bootable but without the original bootable one you wont be able to do that
I WNT TO WRITE A BOOTABLE XP CD BECAUSE MY PC ONLY AUTO PLAY
how to write the data or software in the windows xp without the nero software can u please giude me
WHAT IS THE IMAGE FILE THAT I CAN USE IN ORDER TO MAKE MY VISTA BOOTABLE. I TRIED BOOT.INA IT START BUT FAIL " COULNT FIND NTLDR" I HAVE THE VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM PLACE IN A FOLDER BUT I DONT WANNA JUST BURN IT(DATA). I WANT TO MAKE IT BOOTABLE LIKE THE ORIGINAL ONE. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.
THANK YOU!
after burn process it does not work when I make a bootable cd
what is the proses to make a butabl cd