Error Report/ Application Error

Solved/Closed
Kristin - Sep 23, 2008 at 04:23 PM
 ranjit - May 13, 2010 at 06:57 AM
Hello,

I am having a problem with my Dell Inspiron. In the past while working on Internet Explorer I would receive a message that would say Microsoft Error Report with the options to send error report or don't send. I would not send, the internet would close out completely; however, I could re open internet explorer and it would work fine

Now, when I try to pull up Internet Explorer I receive that message, when I click don't send an application error box pops up, and my internet closes out completely.

I can still do everything else on the computer except access the internet through Internet Explorer.

Can someone help me?

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kristin
Related:

6 responses

Hi Kristin,

If you are getting messages such as: “A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?” or “Internet Explorer Script Error. An error has occurred in the script on line 1. Do you wish to continue running scripts on this page?” Here are some tips to stop them:

There are a few reasons why you are getting this Internet Explorer script error. The first is that the author of the webpage has simply made some sort of programming error and this is typically the most common reason.

The next reason is that you are possibly running a pop-up killer of some kind which closes the pop-up too quickly which causes the script of the website to fail and thus giving you the error because it didnt complete.

The third reason is that you have some sort of spyware or adware infection that tries to launch something such as a popup but causes script errors.

How to stop the Internet explorer script error message from showing up:

You can tell your Internet Explorer to ignore these errors when they occur and not show you an alert about them. Here is the procedure:

Open Internet Explorer
In the top menu, Click on Tools and then Internet Options
Click on the Advanced Tab
Find where it says “Disable Script Debugging” and tick the box beside it
Now, Find where it says “Display a notification about every script error” and untick the box beside it.
What to do when you get an Internet Explorer script error in Control Panel when opening User Accounts:

sorry be late.....reply
go to my computer proper.. than click advanced buttion than click error reporting than click the option disable error reporting than apply ok solve your pro..
i donno wer I have to write dis but ill jst do it here....i bought my dell inspiron a week ago wid windows 7 built-in
i tried downloading windows live messenger 2009 bt wen it reaches 94% I get dis failure message dat says: Microsoft application error reporting cannot be downloaded....so I tried downloading it seperately bt I coudnt cz wen I start the downlaod I get : windows live cannot connect to server dis may occur cz installer not installed properly....so installed it like 5 tyms bt I got da same problem
so I said maybe I should download da older version den upgrade to dis one bt still I get da same problem......am getting frustrated about dis and I tend to look for a way to download windows live messenger cz I relly need it
any help plz???
very important looking for ur reply ASAP
thank u
i have the same problem with my dell xps m1530 its sooo annoying can anyone help!!!!!!!
I also have this problem. Have been trying for almost a week to fix it.
(System Configuration: Windows XP Professional, version 2002, SP3, AMD Sempron Processor, 1.6GHz with 768MB of Ram)

It started with me having a working version of Windows Live (Beta Version) which had been working fine for months since I installed it; about a week ago I was talking to a friend and went to show my webcam which caused my computer to freeze up. I had this problem several times in a row, each time I had to use Task manager to close MSN, eventually I told my friend that I would install a more up to date version of Windows Live.

This is where the worst of the problems began!
I uninstalled my old version of Windows Live Beta, and downloaded the new installer (wlsetup-custom) from the Microsoft website. I tried to install but when it got to about 25% I got this list of Errors:
Could not install Windows live because these programmes could not be installed-
-Microsoft Application Error reporting 0x80004004
-Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime
-Segoe UI Font
-Windows Live call
-Windows Live upload Tool
-Windows Live signin assistant
-Installer
-Microsoft choice guard
-Windows Live communications Platform 0x80070005

Since these problems have come up, I have installed an old version of MSN but after it installs it asks me to update to the latest version and the error occurs again!
In my search to fix this problem, I have upgraded my computer to SP3 and installed all available windows updates; I have tried cleaning the registry with PC Tools registry cleaner, have tried installing Windows live from all the other accounts on my computer including the administrator account. I have also tried installing in safe mode to no avail, and have removed all temp files.
Each and every time I install I can get any one of the errors listed above, and occasionally the Windows Live installer almost completes (above 80%) but ultimately cancel's itself.

I have now run out of options and can't reinstall windows as I don't have a Win XP install disk or anywhere to backup my files.

Someone Please Help ME!!!!!!!!
I fixed it, YAY!

Close all Windows live programmes and go here:
http://trendy.trexion.com/~jkay/wave3qfe2update/Contacts.msi

It downloaded and installed within 30 seconds instead of the usual windows Live installer which can take an age. This website it derives from is https://messengergeek.wordpress.com/
and is safe to use (No virus's)

Hope this solves your MSN problems :)
process for solve dont send error = right click on my computer.click on properties option ,go to advanced tab click on error reporting thank block the error report

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi Kristin,

What u have to do is just try to install a new version of Internet Explorer or install "Opera" which is faster than internet explorer. I hope ur problem will be resolved with these options.
thanx for your help its very usefull...keep posting