Asus laptop wont boot up

Closed
wacpac - Feb 4, 2010 at 06:31 AM
 joe007 - Apr 23, 2011 at 09:57 PM
Hello,
can anyone help,have been asked to try to fix my grandaughters asus laptop ,when it tries to boot it shows a blue screen for about 5 seconds not long enough to read what is on it then it goes to black screen with repair start up or start as normal i choose repair it goes through the search and comes back with windows cannot fix this problem,have tried booting up in safe mode etc no luck any suggestions?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Feb 4, 2010 at 05:51 PM
Can you boot into the BIOS? If you can get into the BIOS you can change the boot order and boot from the CD. You can test the laptop with a Linux bootable CD or use the Windows CD to re-install the OS. Failure to boot into the BIOS would indicate a hardware problem.
I just had the same problem, what CD? It's a netbook with no cd rom. How can i reboot on bios, can anyone explain why, i am having the same problem as that lady's grandaughter i see safe mode, safe mode with network, start up windows normally, clicked all and get Nyit! Help please