Profile management features disabled

Closed
nottechsavvy - Sep 24, 2008 at 07:48 PM
sprayvir Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday September 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009 - Sep 25, 2008 at 04:34 AM
Hello,

I have a Netgear router and Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN2100 3A Mini PCI Adapter. Lately I've been having issues with not having internet access when I'm on my laptop. When I click on the Intel icon I see a message that says that my wireless isn't associated with my profile and that another LAN utility is communicating with my system and so profile management features have been disabled.

Why does this happen? I've checked and the security on my profile seems adequate; why would it cut off my connection if someone else tries to use it instead of not allowing them to use it and protecting me?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

-s.

1 response

sprayvir Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday September 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009 5
Sep 25, 2008 at 04:34 AM
hey there,

perhaps the driver you installed for the network card isnt the one you should have on it and can you tell me what motherboard you have actually?

another thing is that have you checked if your antivirus or your firewall isnt blocking access to the internet?