Browsers can't connect to websites

Solved/Closed
Kharneth - Sep 25, 2008 at 07:02 PM
Gamster27 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 1, 2018 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2018 - Apr 1, 2018 at 11:45 AM
Hello,
Recently, my area had a wind storm, and I lost power for nearly a week. The power is back on now and it seems my computer is not able to browse the web (tried IE and FF3), although I am able to IM through MSN, AIM, Yahoo!, etc. and play online games such as WoW. My computer was perfectly fine before the power went out. My computer is connected to a Wireless network in the same room through a Netgear router connected to an Insight Broadband cable modem. I am pretty sure this is a problem with just my computer as I am able to browse the internet (and ask this question) on my parents computer and my mom's laptop, which all connect to the same router. I have found that I am also able to ping any website. Also, I am not able to system restore. This has been very troublesome for me for the past week since my power has been back on and I would love to fix it as soon as possible, as it is very inconvenient having to use my parents computer. Thanks to anybody who is willing/able to help!

My computer
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Also, if you need any more information, please ask!
Related:

7 responses

I had the same sort of problem tried alot of things said and nothing worked untill I looked at the connection settings for IE and the LAN settings had the use proxy box ticked and that was the problem so on IE try :
  • Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings
  • then untick the 3rd box

You can also try these : https://ccm.net/forum/affich-12116-connection-keeps-timing-out#p1068613
Hey thanks for the tip on the proxy check box in IE tools/options. That worked for me!
This worked for me. Thanks.