Cannot install windows xp on lenovo Laptop

Closed
raja - Feb 10, 2010 at 01:01 AM
 raja - Feb 11, 2010 at 01:04 AM
Hello,

i have the same blue Screen error problem on my Laptop for the last 20 days(i can install 98 but not XP)........
i have gone through your solution of changing from BIOS sata(AHCI to IDE),

but the problem is that I didnt get the option of changing this setting in the BIOS of my Laptop(Lenovo 3000),

HOW can I change this Setting then?

Is there any other solutions to this????

KIndly Help plzzzzzzzzzz......
Related:

2 responses

rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 10
Feb 10, 2010 at 01:08 AM
have you tried to upgrade from win98, rather than clean install, it is possible that you xp disc is damaged, dont have enough info to give better answer
hi,

i had XP but somehow it became corrupted,then the blue screen started cumng with the blabla messages.......
when I decided to format the PC then also the error message was cumng.......
then I decided to install WINDOWS 98 & after some hiccups was installed properly.....
After installing 98 then again I decided to install XP but the error message was still cumng.....(I HAVE TRIED WITH 3-4 RELATIVELY NEW XP BOOTABLE DISK,BUT THE ERROR WAS STILL CUMNG)....

MY SYSTEM CONFIG IS

BIOS VERSION-05CN36WW
CPU TYPE-iNTEL CORE 2 DUO
CPU SPEED-1.66GHz
INTERNAL HDD-Hitachi HTS541612J9SA00(S1)
product Name-Lenovo 3000 G410

IN my BIOS I am not getting the option of changing from SATA(AHCI to IDE).......KINDLY HELP.....
Blocked Profile
Feb 10, 2010 at 02:10 AM
Hi there,

For the process of changing sata/native mode link below from Faq will help you:

https://ccm.net/faq/2370-downgrade-from-windows-vista-to-xp-hdd-s-ata-not-recognized

Thanks