Ask a question Report

Bluetooth software for dell inspiron 1525 [Solved/Closed]

max - Latest answer on Dec 4, 2012 05:59AM
im having dell inspiron 1525 laptop, with os vista home premium , i couldnt use my bluetooth connectivity, i tried reinstalling with the driver cd, but of no use. i need the official address to down load the software,, is ther any other way to restore it? expecting ur help.
Read more 

moins plus

......Read Below......

If you know you have a Bluetooth card already in you computer (i have a dell inspiron 1721 and i can see this by lifting up the panel in front of your keyboard and its there, a small card in the right corner)
but you can't turn on your bluetooth on your computer, it doesn't show up anywhere like in control panel or in the bar at the bottom of your screen, or your bluetooth light is not on, and no hot key is working to turn it on, the slide button on the side/front of your computer isn't turning it on, don't worry!
I had this problem (only my wireless worked, but not BT) , my bluetooth totally dissapeared after formatting and reinstalling my vista.
The link below has a software you need to download and install and this will turn your bluetooth on back for you, it finds it, brings it back and takes care of everything.
Here is the link:

if it doesn't help go to Dells support website and in the search bar just type in "BTW Radio ON"
Thats how i found it.
is Dells support website.

Hope this works.
If you still need drivers go to Dells support website, and put your computer details there and it will tell you what drivers you need.

SS- May 21, 2011 03:21AM
Thanks thanks worked for me...hope it does for u guys too
devestater2002- Jun 30, 2011 03:33AM
thanx worked wonders
magro- Nov 26, 2012 03:12PM
Thank you!! works like a charm
Archer- Nov 28, 2012 05:00PM
Crossing fingers and hope this works
santosh- Dec 4, 2012 05:59AM
thank u so much...
moins plus
hey there,

here is a link where you can get all the drivers you are in search of :

m1says allex - May 29, 2009 01:59PM
first you need to turn the blue tooth on.
on the right hand side see the front corner axactly along with DVD drive. slide the bar/ button it will be turn on and light will start to blink. then go to control panel and open blue tooth devices then go to option tab and check mark the last 3 options. then go to devices and press add button then follow the instructions.

i hope it will work.
laila- Jun 13, 2009 02:19AM
thnak u .. u just save my life ..
that was very helpful .. :**
Zeeman m1says - Jan 22, 2010 06:17AM
I did exactly as u instructed but my problem is that i don't see my bluetooth icon in the control panel neither do i see it anywhere on my computer. The botton u're talking about near the DVD rom is for the wifi wireless and each time i try pulling it back and forth, it keep turning my laptop wireless on and off. my laptop is dell inspiron 1525 vista.... Please help me cuz i really need ur help to have my bluetooth working.
kat allex - Feb 26, 2010 11:18PM
hi,i was having a problem with my blutooth,i can find it.before i always
using it,but now suddenly gone.
quarter234- May 12, 2011 09:41AM
check out the dell website for support , they have Bluetooth drivers for windows xp and vista
moins plus
i want bluetooth software for dell inspiron 1525.

moins plus
Hello, bluetooth device not working in my dell inspiron 1525 laptop. while installing bluetooth drivers for windows vista it is asking me to press fn+f2 key to enable bluetooth but after using fn+f2 key also it is not working. can anybody please help...

moins plus
Hi buddies,

It look hard to do but it isn't. If you do what I say you'll solve your problems with bluetooth at Inspiron 1525 runing Windows Vista easily.

a. Download the driver at
- 1. Go to
- 2. Click on the link "Drivers & Downloads" in the end of the site.
- 3. Select your model ("Laptops", "Inspiron Laptop", "1525") and confirm it.
- 4. Click on Network.
- 5. Download the "Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module (Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR)"
- 6. Save the file "R140135.exe".

b. Install the driver:
- 1. Execute the file "R140135.exe".
- 2. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216".
- 3. Execute the file "Setup.exe".
- 4. When the driver ask you to active your Bluetooth antena, click in "Cancel.
- 5. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216\Win32"
- 6. Execute the file "Inst.exe".
- 7. Click in "Next" button to begin the installation.

Note: When the software ask you to active the Bluetooth DO NOT CANCEL.

- 8. Open the folder "C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software"
- 9. Execute the file "BTTray.exe". The icon will appear in the system tray (next the clock).
- 10. Click with the right button in Bluetooth icon and turn it on.
- 11. The installation will continue automatically.
- 12. Click in "OK" button to finish

That is how I solve my problem with my Dell Inspiron 1525 runing Windows 7. It's working perfectly.

I hope it help you guys.

Ashit- Mar 3, 2010 02:04AM
I have XPS M1530. And have similar problem.

- 8. Open the folder "C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software"
- 9. Execute the file "BTTray.exe". The icon will appear in the system tray (next the clock).
After these steps mentioned by you. I don't find any icon in my system tray.

Please help.

yasmine- May 16, 2010 12:57PM
slt l ami pr mw j essai tes instructions mais a la fin j trouver pas le icon ce ki veu dire que le BTTray.exe n executer pas j ai besoin de ton aide
Bikram Khatri- May 23, 2010 08:43PM
me too same, i could not find bluetooth on system tray after executing the file BTTray.exe. Mine Windows vista. what to do? please help.
moins plus
dwn this driver...the issue will get resolved:

bedboy- May 10, 2010 12:56PM
thanks teddy
aaa- Jun 11, 2010 01:43AM
thanks, it works for me!
luck- Jun 11, 2010 09:00AM
Will this solve adapter problem?
vladzie- Jul 8, 2010 07:17PM
worked for me too, upgraded form vista 32 to windows 7 32 and lost my bluetooth. this worked perfectly, I've finallyfound my phone!!
kazuya1022- Jul 10, 2010 12:04PM
thanks a lot!,it work in my laptop
moins plus

moins plus
this is happened with me tooo.did bluetooth play with u or enbaled until now.

Ferotan- Nov 19, 2008 01:08PM
i can not installe the bluetooth software in the CD for Windows Xp.
RSH SHUKLAAKE- Nov 28, 2008 10:45PM
hai dellservice centre i have purchased the laptop inspiron (1525).but in it's driver cd which are being provide by the company bluetooth driver is absent.
wely akash - Sep 27, 2009 12:16PM
I have windows Xp,I need to Access wireless net.I have no wireless and bluetooth card please halp me.
hobbsde- Feb 12, 2009 09:27AM
vinod- Jul 28, 2009 12:18AM
dear friends
i have also same problem my bluetooth was not working i uninstalled it when try to install new downloaded software from dell website for inspiron 1525 it said derive is install for window vista only though i have window vista so then i downloaded bluetooth software for inspiron 1545 and installed it installed successfully but bluetooth transfer wizard not showing my device but it search content of my mobile then i unistalled microsoft update Microsoft service pack 2 and after completion my device is working well in service pack 1 but after that i also reinstalled Microsoft service pack 2 and its great it is working since than without any error.
moins plus
max iam mai .
i have suffer like u about buletooth and i don't why it doesnot work on vista or xp .if u know any ting or u fix this problem plz tell me .any one of us knows anything tell the other ...ok .but notice i have seen aboy have alap like us and the bluetooth in this computer was work but i forget ask him what software did he install or he change the software was came with the com. (vista ) or not.thanks alot

abuhamdan- Jan 3, 2009 02:16PM
Your will never get your problome soleved. Because is not happend only for you but for many peoples also. But honestely i have solution just take screwdriver and open the notebook and remove the device the bull shit. I am trying from many days to get solved, but i couldnt do it even i had the driver cd whch provided my the manufacturer itself.
npp- Dec 10, 2008 04:00AM
please give me the bluetooth driver for dell1525inspiration notebook
sheelu- Jan 21, 2009 12:06AM
i give blutooth driver
qoraboyev sirojiddin- Jan 28, 2009 06:13AM
give bluetooth driver dell 1525
Aditya- Mar 19, 2009 08:01AM
I am having problem with my Dell Inspiron-1525 Laptop,that is I cant able to activate bluetooth so please help me.
moins plus
thanks a lot!!

arun- Dec 15, 2008 12:00AM

could you forward me the bluetooth software and if you have wifi software and drivers also for the sam laptop
inspiron 1525

thanks in advance
Arun Kapale
moins plus
hi, i have a loptop dell inspiron 1545, i cannot download bluetooth to my system tray. pls. help me for this . thanks

moins plus
im having dell inspiron 1525 laptop, with os vista home premium , i couldnt use my bluetooth connectivity, i tried reinstalling with the driver cd, but of no use.plz help me with this

daniel- Dec 30, 2008 05:10AM
if you want the bluetooth driver go to

this is the bluetooth driver for inspiron 1525...
pre download and follow the instructions
jalalkulkny- Feb 13, 2010 01:53AM
i have dell laptop 1525 for vista bluetooth donot work please help me
thank you too much.
moins plus
I've a dell 1525 laptop with windows vista home basic ...problem is that the blue tooth is not working even after installing the blue tooth driver from the driver cd given instead it ends up popping up "blue tooth device is not found"...

moins plus
hi friends,
this seems that blutooth prblem exist with everyone. . i think that it is a defective piece which were made together and came to market. I too have the same problem . Lastly i bought a dongle for blutooth. hope we will fiind more by searching in net..... best of luck bro....

moins plus
my new inspiron bought 4 months back now formatted and reinstalled windows vista. i downloaded the driver from dell website but while instaling i'm getting error saying "Insatller would be run on windows vista only". mine is windows vista 32 bit only. what woul dbe the problem..? anyguys have any idea..plse share with me..

moins plus
hi all

can anyone help me with this i got a virus on my laptop 1525 i had to fomat it but i cant use the intel cam anymore cause i dont have its software and i dont know from where to download
i want a direct link please cause i seriously tried everything

moins plus
hi doin isome one bring for me this laptop dell inspiron but i did not find the bluetooth

Houssam Shakir- Mar 14, 2009 01:53PM
just Enable the Bluetooth Radio .. using this Utility

and download driver from here and install it

for more information mail me
yasmine- May 16, 2010 12:51PM
pr mw sa n marche pas j ai essai k dois j faire
moins plus
just install the other driver found in the drive c: after extracting the driver... c:\dell\drivers\r140135\3100_216\win32\inst.exe, then just follow instruction to complete installation... but the radio signal must be on or the wifi catcher to enable bluetooth... let me know if you do it successfully, thank you, jeffhoy...

lilmama310- Nov 1, 2009 11:14AM
this didnt wrk for me it asks for me to push fn and f2 but dont do anything please HELP
av- Jan 5, 2010 07:32AM
hey it worked! thanks!
KASA- Apr 29, 2010 04:19AM
i ned blue tooth software for d600
yaseen ahmed- Jul 6, 2010 11:53AM
really thnx dude..its really working , my friend to got the same problem because of u he to can solved his problem really thanx once again
yaseen ahmed- Jul 6, 2010 11:54AM
thnx dude its really working, my friend vinay too got solved his problem.... thnx a lot
moins plus
I bet that you formatted the computer with your bluetooth adapter turned on :P. You have to use your CD with drivers from Dell and unzip the bluetooth driver to C:\dell\drivers\R140135. After that close the Fn + F2 thing and go to that directory. You will have 2 folders Win32 & Win 64..depending on the vista version you have installed use the folder coresponding to your OS. Launch "Inst.exe" and wait until another Fn+F2 prompt will apear. Close this prompt and the install will finish. Restart your computer and after Vista boots up you will see in the tray the bluetooh icon. Right Click to turn the adapter on and the drivers will be reinstalled. Let me know if this worked for you. :P

Onyx Flox, Nigeria- Aug 5, 2009 02:55AM
Thanx alot!!!! ur suggestion was very helpful, it saved me alot of stress. i went thru the steps and i got my bluetooth device back to life..
Problem Solved- Nov 11, 2009 11:09PM
Out of all the talk on this board, this advice, looking somewhere I would have never figured out on my own, finally fixed the problem.

mein hoo na!!, thanks for taking the time to help the rest of us out.
Suptime- Nov 29, 2009 10:19PM
hey thanks for the trick ! but i still have a problem, that is when i restart windows (i have windows 7) i can't find the bluetooth icon in the tray =( any help ?? thank you
danel- May 31, 2010 12:22PM
it helped me!!!!
random- Jul 8, 2010 01:48PM
That u so much mein hoo na!!!
works like a charm.

Suptime, i too have Win7. I did what mein hoo na said up to the restart part. I just let if finish the install and wallah.. it was right there in the tray. i turned it on and it installed all the rest of the stuff. No restart required for me.
moins plus
i tried all the tricks on this page and it still didn't work ... u think that when this happends to all inspiron 1525 that dell or Microsoft would do something...

1 2 Next
This document entitled « bluetooth software for dell inspiron 1525 » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.