Can't connect to wifi after resetting router

Closed
Kairu - Feb 15, 2010 at 04:20 AM
 Kalla - Oct 17, 2010 at 11:55 PM
Hello,

I reformatted my laptop today, and because of that I lost the password for the wifi connection here. Someone threw out the booklet that had the password written down, so I reset the wireless router and created a new password. However, now my laptop can't connect to the network. Actually, apparently it can connect, but I'm getting one of those "limited or no connectivity" messages.
There was no mistake in entering the WEP key on my laptop, because I tried making the connection open... and I know it's not my laptop either, because I was able to connect to my neighbour's network without any trouble.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm using Intel PROSet Wireless on a Dell Inspiron 6400, and the router is a D-Link DI-524. Thanks in advance!
Related:

2 responses

its pretty easy I get that all the time too just turn off your laptop and when you turn it on then I would say unlimited connectivity
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Feb 15, 2010 at 07:13 AM
Most likely you did not configure wireless router correctly after resetting it, can take a look on this wireless router configuration article, hope able to help you.