Xp Spyware Virus (unable to fix)

Closed
PreyBB Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday February 16, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 - Feb 16, 2010 at 09:15 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 16, 2010 at 04:48 PM
I'm not quite sure if this problem has been answered before but I've been searching for a solution and all seems to not work. All the solutions people are giving involve internet connection to download a certain site that does virus scans or deletes the problem permanently (so i believe) but I am unable to use these. Reason Being is this let me start from the beginning.

1)So I started trying to use a virus scan of Norton 2010 and a few others. Each time I go in for another scan more Trojan viruses appear and keep coming back. It changed my background and starts coming up with all these alerts and warnings saying my system is infected and no doubt it is.
The Norton scan says I need to restart my computer in order for it to take full affect. And so I do so, but strangely when logging off it takes longer then it should. So I turned Off my computer compleatly and waited a few seconds until I restarted.
2) When trying to log back in It automatically signs me back out.
3) I went into safe mode networking connection
4)Logged in as administrator and I'm finally able to get into my computer without it logging me off. (This is the only way I can access my computer. But not all things work when using like the internet my main resource to get rid of this.)
5) Yes I have tried numerous of times trying to access the internet threw that computer but nothing works even when it is meant to be connected.

When I went to another computer to find out solutions I read that Norton Does not pick up the problem of the virus(es) (Which what I believe is the cause of why I cannot log back in.) So I cannot access internet threw administrator to fix my problem which I need.
Its out of my knowledge what else to do, I would like to go to someone to help me fix this but I simply do not have the money for. To me there are very important documents in there that i cannot afford to lose.
Sorry for the lengthy talk but I'm just trying to show a full understanding of my problem.
Related:

4 responses

Go to Start-->All Programs--> Accessories
There is one (not in a File) that has to do with computers, I'm at school and ours don't have the option.

But it resets your computer to a previous date. Set the date closest to the time before the virus was there.
I'm assuming this is spyware because I had the same problem, and Malware didn't get rid of it.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Kings
PreyBB Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday February 16, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010
Feb 16, 2010 at 11:57 AM
I have tried this method but sadly It did not work.
For I am only able to be logged into administrators it will not allow me to go back and restore to a previous date of time. Therefor I am unable to do so.
But thank you for your time and effort to help.
PreyBB Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday February 16, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010
Feb 16, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Thank You But sadly before I read your post I tried. Since the only way I can log into my computer is threw the administrator I am unable to reset back into a previous date.
Thank you for the effort and help.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 16, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Hello PreyBB,

The suggestion submitted by King may be worth a try, however I am inclined to believe you may have a tenacious virus.

It is sometime very helpful to identify the virus to better eradicate the beast.

Could you please download and run Hyjackthis. On the main page click on scan and save a log. After the scan, the log will open. Please copy the log and paste on this discussion.

Hyjackthis will show the different processes as well as registry keys related to the different applications you have from which it is sometimes possibles to identify malware.

Here is the link
http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Thank you
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 16, 2010 at 04:48 PM
Hello,

Were you able to download Hyjackthis?