Ask a question Report

Get monitor to work when laptop lid closed [Solved/Closed]

Carly127 - Latest answer on Jan 16, 2015 10:20AM
Hello,
I've attached an emachine monitor to my HP Pavilion dv5-1002 Notebook. It works, until I close the laptop lid and everything goes black. I've gone into power options and changed the power buttons to do nothing when the lid is closed. I've tried to set up the external display in the windows mobility center.
Why can't I use the monitor with the laptop lid closed? I've
Thanks,
Carly127
Read more 
Answer
+63
moins plus
Go in control panel>power options. on left side f screen there is an option saying " when i close lid of laptop....", YOU MUST SELECT "DO NOTHING"...n thats it, problem solved

Maninder- Dec 27, 2014 10:07AM
Thanks Sunny, I had to keep restarting computer up until this point, THANKS!!!!
Ghost- Jan 4, 2015 02:25PM
thank you so much it helped alot!!!
nick f- Jan 7, 2015 02:43PM
And thanks again
pipa- Jan 8, 2015 09:30PM
thks very much....
ps- Jan 16, 2015 10:20AM
Thank You ! It helped me!
Answer
+17
moins plus
I think I found the answer: What works for me is when I make the monitor the main display and they make sure that the option 'multiple displays' is on 'extend these displays'. Now, when I close the lid, the screen remains on my monitor. Obviously, the options I am talking about are in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Screen Resolution. So when you do all this and close the lid on your laptop, the screen on your monitor goes black for 2 seconds and then remains the way it was.

Answer
+2
moins plus
rest a lollipop stick on the power button before the lid closes, works everytime

panton439- Dec 30, 2013 03:02PM
Sounds like the answer from a veteran. :)
Simplest solutions are the best.
Ambucias 21520Posts mardi 2 février 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus June 30, 2015 Last seen - Dec 30, 2013 05:14PM
@panton439

I found that orange lollipop sticks work better than other flavours such as lime and lemon.
Annonymous- Feb 22, 2014 04:36PM
Funny guy lol
Hussain- Dec 22, 2014 10:31AM
I Love You Man
Answer
moins plus
My new window 7 laptop (compaq)get logged off with in few minute after started.laptop giveS me a notice that ur window will logged within a minute how can I fix it.

This document entitled « get monitor to work when laptop lid closed » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.