Mouse works until key pressed,freezes xp.

Solved/Closed
mehkergen - Sep 29, 2008 at 05:40 AM
 ashwin - Dec 17, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Hello,

Xp system.
I shifted pc out of its normal place.
then reshifted and reconnected the entire system to all of its parts,mouse,monitor,power,keyboard,etc.

Starts up all good.mouse working click on the user to type password...

As soon as the first key is typed the mouse freezes and the keyboard.

Is this faulty hardware connection with the keyboard connection to the motherboard,??

Several mouses and keyboards were reconnected and pc restarted in varied orders.
NOthing..worked.

ANybody have a similar order..if you dont have anything to type the pc works like normal..
until a key is pressed....
Related:

4 responses

Run AML Free Registry Cleaner and fix registry and I work fine
Yahoo finally solved ...It came by seer luck that I changed the ports for keyboards n mouse i.e PS/2 - 100% success rate folks try it out ...Guessing the system got fooled heehehehehh ... guys try it out ..would be real glad if it works for you .. I know the pain...
let me know guys if this is working for u ?????
I tried just about everything. Nothing solved my problem. I finally had to do a format and re-install everything. That took care of my problem.
you should have tried just exchanging the PS/2 ports for the keyboards n Mouse ...anxious if it works for others ...mine is working like magic
thanks a lot ..infact did !!!
After a while of searching I found this site to give instructions
http://forum.packardbell.com/en/viewtopic.php?t=34859
=]
Many Many thanks..worked like a dream. Husband delighted to have computer back.
Thanks again
site not working... it's unavailable
I had the same problem with customers of mine.

For those who don't require password entry. After booting up. Don't touch the keyboard keys. Use your mouse and right click on my computer. Select properties > Click Device Manager > On the Keyboards, Uninstall > Close everything. Locate Control Panel > run Add Hardware. This well detect the keyboard and you should be running.

I haven't found a way for those who are required to type password and work around. Good Luck
Thanks unistalling the drive and reinstalling it worked for me as I didnt have a password set up
hi... did you discover or found a way already for those who are required to type password and work around? I need to type my password.... anyone, pls help... thanks
Sellavo > ggand4
Dec 23, 2009 at 09:21 PM
Hi,

have you tried using the windows On-Screen Keyboard?
I tried the uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard and it didn't help me.
secure.csom.biz
May 28, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Tap F8 when you turn the computer on, select safe mode with networking.

Login to the administrator account. There should be no password required.
Hi there.
I don't know an entire lot about computers, so I gave it to my friend. He restored the system (so make sure you save everything you need on a thumb drive) and cleaned out the hard drive somehow. If you have any friends good with computers ask them about that, and also make sure you install an anti spyware system. AVG works well and it's free.