Conditionally changing row background color

Closed
PowerBuilder - Oct 1, 2008 at 07:31 PM
 PowerBuilder - Dec 5, 2008 at 10:27 AM
Hi

I want to change the background color of the rows in my Excel worksheet based on the value of a certain column named 'Status'.

Status can have around 7 values Conditional Formatting might not be the right choice. Following are the values that the status column can take

1. Resubmitted
2. Cancelled
3. In Progress
4. Pending
5. Cancelled
6.SignedOff
7.Testing

Each status should be indicated by a unique color for the row. Any help would be highly appreciated

Thanks
Related:

3 responses

Hi
In formate select conditional formatting. In that select equalto and give the either one of you condition and formate the required color as you want. You can do like this for all your requirements by clikcing the add>>.

Check this link also.
https://www.techonthenet.com/excel/questions/cond_format1.php
regards
Balu.
Conditional Formatting is limited to 3 analysis (must return true/false result), or 4 if you count no analysis, and will not return the desire result.
oRng = oSheet.get_Range("A1", "BZ1");
oRng.Interior.Color = System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.ToOle(System.Drawing.Color.Silver);
Thanks for the response,Raju. But where would I code those 2 lines that you have suggested. It would be great if you can briefly explain what it does exactly
voicesms Posts 17 Registration date Tuesday August 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2009 3
Oct 2, 2008 at 04:41 AM
hello,

cant you get that option in the properties of the datasheet?