Windows Vista File Backup Issues

Closed
alyas1983 Posts 5 Registration date Friday February 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2010 - Feb 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM
alyas1983 Posts 5 Registration date Friday February 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2010 - Feb 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM
Hello,

Ok so last night i got hardcore bombed with a virus that was attacking me i do believe in cmd mode so to speak. I couldnt get rid of it manually or with antivirus programs. so i decided to backup my files and important documents from schooling and whatnot and do a system restore. Im running Windows Vista Home Premium on an HP Pavillion Slimline s3300f computer. I burned all my backed up files as i was supposed to. after restoring everything to factory setting and getting all the needed programs i decided to recover my files, poped in the recovery files disc i made and followed all prompts, when i try to access the files in the folder it made it says "You Do Not Have Permission To Access The File Location" ONLY from the user folder that was mine.... All the other folders work except that one for any music pics and documents...... PLEASE HELP ME! all my wedding planning notes are in there too!

Sincerely,

Alyas1983
Related:

2 responses

alyas1983 Posts 5 Registration date Friday February 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2010
Feb 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM
Ok I fixed the issue myself but incase anyone ever gets the same issue I'm going to post how i fixed it. Once everything is set, go to each folder containing the most valuable info you need go to the properties then go to security and change the permissions so all users have FULL permission then go to reaccess the folders and all music, photos and documents will be accessible.
alyas1983 Posts 5 Registration date Friday February 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2010
Feb 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM
Ok change there. I can access everything except the documents that i typed out..... please help.....