Compaq presario cq61 bios sata

Solved/Closed
mkc - Mar 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 18, 2010 at 04:06 AM
Hello,
Hello,
sir I purchase compaq presario cq61 without any opeationg system basically it is made for vista but I want to install xp its bios version is F.04 and it dont have sata enable option and also there is no any OS in this machine please help me how to install windos xp on it . whn I boot the system then after some time it give me an error pleazzzzzzzzz help me how to resolve his problem....

Configuration: Windows xp
Internet explorer.8.0
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 18, 2010 at 04:06 AM
Dear Sir,

Please get through the following instructions in order to have the problem solved.

http://ccm.net/faq/2667-moving-from-vista-to-xp

Thank you.
if its intel chipset.. downloadcenter.intel.com
i identify the chipsets with siw.exe(standalone portable) from gtopala :p
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 1, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Forget XP and install Windows 7. It is nearly impossible for the average person to install XP on these newer laptops. Even if you patch the Windows XP install CD with the SATA controller you will have missing drivers for ALL the Motherboard chips.

Good Luck
I replace the original hard disk drive with new one but still I cannot install Xp. Also I tried to install Windows 7 but when I install the drivers like Audio, Video, Network, etc.. it fails. What is the possible solution for this to install Windows 7?

Thanks
Sumit IT Guru
Apr 15, 2010 at 04:52 AM
Disbale SATA Port From BIOS Now you can able to install XP SP2
How can I disable the SATA port from BIOS? It is disabled.