DVD Drive Problem....

Solved/Closed
JudySis - Feb 4, 2008 at 02:58 AM
 Human - Aug 14, 2010 at 02:09 PM
Hi!

My LG Internal Super Multi DVD Rewriter (GSA-H55L) keeps reading disc as "RAW"… Because of that I can’t use the drag and drop method of burning and this is driving me crazy!

Anyone have a suggestion to fix this problem?

P.S.: I’m using DVD-R
Related:

24 responses

HI FRIENDS MY DVD WRITTER IS NOT WORKING IT IS OF SONY ....
IT COPIES ONLY CD NOT DVD PZZZZZZZ HELP ME WHAT I DO?
Well you could always buy a new one and pzzzzzzz help me with my own problem of dvd rom.
Prapa > Qadir
Oct 6, 2008 at 12:19 AM
I have Sony DVD Writer it is read and write CD but doesn't read or write DVD How can I do tghis problem Please anyone can help me
i have a problem with my writer. I burn and open programs but I can't watch and play dvd movies. if I try to play mp3, it takes a very long time to load.
can you please help me.
hello , sir I want download lg dvd rom lens cleaner software plz..........help me
my dvd rom is not reading cds
Hi,

Don't download any software but purchase a LG lens cleaner from the store.
yogui7 Posts 132 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 28
Feb 22, 2008 at 05:18 AM
Well I don't know if this exist for LG but try to update the firmware of your dvd writer!
RESOLUTION
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows/ How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

To resolve this problem, remove the affected filter drivers. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click StartStart button, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

User Account Control permission If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Note After you remove the UpperFilters registry entry and the LowerFilters registry entry, you may lose functionality in certain programs such as CD recording programs. In this scenario, you must reinstall any affected programs. If the problem recurs, contact the program vendor to determine whether an update is available for the program.
Worked for me
redhawk_qari Posts 3 Registration date Saturday December 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 28, 2009 > whowho
Dec 13, 2009 at 07:52 AM
HELO SIR...
I HAVE READ U R ANSWER ABOUT REGISTRY
CAN U PLZ TELL ME SAMPLY ABOUT THE FUNCTION OF REGISTRY
WITH REGARDS...

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
crazy_devil Posts 124 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 20
Feb 22, 2008 at 05:22 AM
Wow, never heard of this before but try a lens disc cleaner, I know this is sounds silly but give it a try!
Try running with the DVD drive upside down ... That's what I had too do ... No problems after that ... :)) ...
i cant install reason 4.0 with my dvd external drive
when I am boot my pc with cdrom support,the error occurs (5.25 external dvd writer)cdrom001 drive not found,check your drive and install driver.
i use pentiam 4 pc.i was format my pc.and then I play dvd in my dvd rw.it is can not work properly..
please tell me what is the prosessor
After formatting my pc my dvd drive is not working properly,butsometimes works with heavy noise
I just installed a new GSA-H55L In my
Sony computer. I can not get the computer to recognize the installation,
What do I do?
i have widow live and I try to put a cd-r in then I downlod vidoes on their when its done I put it in my dvd player and it dose not recnize it what do I do
it's the dvd player, some can play .mpg formats from cds while others only read DVD's, try burning it on a dvd and using a dvd rip program.
My d drive was working but today I tried to play a cd but it is not reading anything. I defragmented the computer, clean all the files, and re start the computer but nothing seems to be working. What do I do?
i hv hp laptop with sony dvd player.......but my dvd player is not workingproperly.....it is not reading all dvds .
mrslash Posts 159 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 45
Jun 23, 2008 at 11:20 AM
Are you all using nero ? if yes ? which version ?
I have installed a DVD rom and have also connected it i.e the three colourful wires inside the PC but the computer won't detect any DVD drive.Plzzzzzzzz help me.
hi all...
My LG Internal Super Multi DVD Rewriter (GSA-H55L)...its not reading any cd...but reading RAW...even reading alll dvds...
befor a cuple of days it working properly...but after formate...its not reading any cd...even I replaced the new one..but that new one reading only cd...not dvd...n mine(old) reading only dvd's not cds.....pls can any one suggest me..whatr to do...?
one dvd does not open in my dvd-cd rom
stricko Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 4
Jun 3, 2009 at 05:48 PM
my dvd drive is not shoing any files even when dvd is in the player.
Sly and the family Dog
Jul 31, 2008 at 04:42 PM
Hello All!
I found a solution! Windows would not read my DVD RW drive so I bought a new one. These things are built to only last 2years anyway. Maybe I didn't need a new one but I'll keep it now that I got it. I installed the new DVD drive and got the same results. Windows was not reading it. I talked to a computer wizz friend of mine (where I got the DVD drive from) and he told me it could be because of the registery files for the DVD somehow became corrupt and unreadable. He told me to Google the problem and I would find a web page that would help me step by step to fix the problem. Instead I found a free download software that does the job for me! It's called PCFixer. I ran the software and opened My Computer and low and behold! There was my DVD drive staring me in face! PCFixer listed a bunch of other problems as well. I checked a few of them and let it do its thing. You can find this software at download.com/PC-Fixer/. The name of the file you want to download is PCFixerSetup.exe. Install the program and keep it around for future fixes. You can also find it by Googling PC Fixer. Be careful which site you down load it from. It would be good if you had McAfee SiteAdvisor so you could tell which site is safe. Some of the sites are nothing but pirate sites and potentially harmful to the computer. I hope this helps.
I have a New External DVD writer....I want to sale it.....Rs 2800 INR. Any body want to purchase it then call me Phone number removed for security
SONY DVD RW, DVD/CD ROM, it works for 6 - 7 months correctly with no issues, maximum of 10 months, then is stats the problems. I have got writing problems, I always use sony disks to write Datas. When we go the dealer shops to ask about the services of sony, they will say sony servicing are too bad, if you got the problem within the warrenty period then they will look. Otherwise they wont!!! My SONY DVD RW, DVD/CD ROM is only 18 months old. Now onwards I suggest to every one, not to buy SONY DVD RW, DVD/CD ROM. They only got a good brand names, the other things are really bad. Buy some other burnner. If you ask to the dealers also, they will say Sony DVD RW, DVD/CD ROM is good, but buy other other DVD RW, DVD/CD ROM thats good. What is this means?
nightwish-sky-stars
Jan 24, 2010 at 05:59 PM
Hi

I have the same problem from time to time due to burning various cd's and Dvd's
The - OR + sign is just the region - region as in the lens and software can only burn data etc to the disc you wish to burn to.
There can be many reasons why it is reading it as RAW.

1) as you start your system enter your Bios - the setup process for your machine, and advanced bios settings - machine's vary - enter your boot setup and DISABLE Your LG burner. and save and exit and let the machine carry on with starting. once you have reached the desktop then go to your computer to see if the drive has been disable from registry recognition. (it shouldnt be there - if it is - it will not be usable- then restart your machine.
Go back into the bios and ENABLE the LG burner. and save and exit. - and let the machine carry onto boot up as per normal. Still no change and still reads as RAW?
2)Download Ccleaner from www.filehippo.com - Free download not a trial etc. install and run. - this clears most of the machine's logs and debris. once you have done this follow step 3
3) goto My Computer when the My Computer window loads up click in an empty space. (right click) and a menu will appear . with tabs at the top goto HARDWARE>CD/DVD DEVICES> right click Your LG Burner and update driver- online option should be marked and the next option to install from cd should be left marked and allow it to search.
Still No luck?

As You say the Disc's Read as RAW. if you try right click on the drive - My computer - hover your mouse over the drive with the disc in that is claimed to be RAW and Right click. a submenu will appear. in that submenu should be Format. You may need to Format the disc as RAW means it has not yet been initialized - and can not be read.

No Luck?

The chances of the lens being damaged or the tracks inside being damaged are unlikely but shouldnt be ruled out. To save time failing the above I would simply buy another Drive.