Touchpad scrolling problem

Solved/Closed
baerpaw Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 3, 2010 - Mar 2, 2010 at 11:11 PM
 Sarrikka - Jun 27, 2014 at 01:54 PM
Hello,
Whenever I watch a video on my laptop in full-screen, the scrolling feature doesn't work for a while. Then, after a few minutes, it works again. The time varies as to when it starts working again, and I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes it to start working again. What could be causing this malfunction and how can it be resolved? I have an Acer Aspire laptop with Vista on it.
Related:

3 responses

baerpaw Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 3, 2010 11
Mar 3, 2010 at 01:49 PM
Answer: When the scrolling doesn't work after watching a video, press the space bar. I know it sounds crazy, but for some strange reason, it works...I still don't know what causes this problem, but since there is such a quick and easy fix when it happens, I have better things to do than try to figure out why. If someone else knows, I'd be happy to find out, though.
Wow thank you! I have a very old Dell XPS M1210 Laptop and I've been having that problem for quite awhile. I never thought much of it, but decided to look it up today and found this thread. Space bar works every time.
Thank you! I was struggling with this since forever! I thought it was a google chrome, or a Win7 or x64 issue but I guess not. Thank you!
Thanks a lot
thank youuuu!
YOU ARE THE SAVIOR OF MY LIFE
Press Alt and the key left of the ctrl (next to the arrow keys)
indeed pressing the space bar helped me log on to the computer, but didnot let me use the touch pad work on the computer once it is logged on. There are two keys on either side of the turn on/off key turn them off it works. And now i my computer is working again. Thanks for the help. AJ